Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IKEA Pick up for Burlington Vt - anyone?

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 1:31

I swore I posted this on here the other night ... but I am burning the midnight oil trying to get things done in the last weeks before construction is complete... and I'm spinning!

We need a godmorgan vanity/sink from IKEA - but their delivery charge from Boston to Burlington VT is $349 ... and Montreal apparently doesn't deliver to Burlington VT.

Does anyone know of another less expensive delivery service to Burlington VT ... or is anyone going to IKEA from the Burlington area that would be willing to pick up the Godmorgan boxes?

I am on the west coast or I'd just make a quick trip to Montreal!. It is very frustrating that IKEA's shipping rates have gone sky high.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IKEA Pick up for Burlington Vt - anyone?

by the time you pay the delivery charges, you could just buy a nice real wood vanity locally.....better quality for prob less money......

o

But we don't like the looks of the standard plain old wood vanity :). And, they actually are not really less expensive.

For the cost of delivery charges, I would fly there and get to visit family to boot...while enjoying the sleek and modern lines of the IKEA vanity.

o

Totally sympathize with you! We are 4 hrs from ikea and did an entire kitchen plus a godmorgen for the bath. Love their style and the prices cannot be beat anywhere. Sorry I can't help, but good luck!

o

Check Craigslist. I don't know about VT's but Maine's usually has a posting for someone going to the Fall River store and looking to offset their gas by picking up for others.

o

I will check out Craigs' list ...thanks

o

IKEA Vanity purchased! No more need for delivery. I'm a little nervous though about the plumbing ... since it was purchased in Canada vs MA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here