Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jgopp

3 years and the beer is still flowing!

jgopp
9 years ago

Hi everyone... it has been a while since I have posted updates on my other kitchen. I'm working on those pics I promise! I had a malfunction with the dishwasher and it destroyed two cabinets so that project is not going to be revealed until I get that repaired... sorry! I promise I'll have some good ones soon!

Anyway I was thinking about how massively in love I still am with my home base kitchen. I bought a gopro camera and thought I could get some unusual shots which really show the entire scope of the kitchen, which was a little tricky before. So I've posted those and posted some regular pictures as well. You can really get a scope of how the kitchen flows this way.

All is basically the same minus a new tapper unit for the beer tap. I installed a french door Sub-Zero and moved the old 36 side by side to the other property since I needed more fridge space here.

The first two pics really show the true colors of the kitchen, the gopro doesn't have the best color filtration on it so they seem a little more yellow.

Hope you all enjoy! Would love to see pics of your kitchens a couple years in as well! Who still loves their kitchen?

Comments (15)

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

Do you home brew?

I love/hate you. Since I showed my husband pics of your kitchen and his friend got into brewing, he has become obsessed with building a home brew system with a kegerator run from the basement to the kitchen.

He also has serious envy of your new tub, the one with the glass side.

I should just stop showing him your posts on GW. :)

Can't wait to see new pics of your lake house!!

• lee676
    9 years ago

LOLing at using a GoPro to capture a renovated kitchen..... I'm imagining someone jetpacking through the kitchen, GoPro hanging from a body harness....

• schicksal
    9 years ago

I won't lie - I've thought more than once about how it would be fun to tie a go pro to the dog while he runs around the house. Probably somewhere on his back so his ears would poke up in the foreground in all the pictures.

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

First time I have seen your other kitchen, it is lovely, of course! What is your granite!

Mtrdredux is "revealing" three years after the fact, she obviously loves her kitchen still, lol!

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Looks great! I still love the wall and ceiling colours! I like the glass knob on the house door too. My house has almost all glass knobs and I love them!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

It still looks gorgeous!!!

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Texas: I do homebrew once and a while. Though I haven't in a while maybe I should get back into it. I made a hazelnut and cherry beer for Christmas but haven't made anything since.

greenhaven: it's actually quartzite, been seeing a lot more of it around which I guess is to be expected, it caught on pretty heavily around here.

• zkgardner
    9 years ago

Love it! Do you mind sharing your paint colors in the kitchen? And what type of cabinets?

So beutiful! !

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I remember the walls are Rosemary Sprig by BM, can't remember what the ceiling is. The cabs are some white I think called Brilliant by BM.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Jgopp
    I remember your kitchen and showed to my DB who is quite the brewer.
    My kitchen is finally done after 2.5 years. I did a reveal but when I return from our trip, plan on postings updates.
    Thanks for showing your gorgeous kitchen and GoPro pictures. I am taking ours on the Jasper to whitefish bicycle ride.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

So nice to see more pictures of your kitchen! You should link to your original reveal. (It's one that has stood out in my memory over the years).

DH bought me a GoPro for Christmas which I still haven't used (why would I want to re-watch something I just did??) - though I do think about putting it on the dog sometimes. Kitchen photos - I may have to try that out! I know what you mean about the interesting angles and have been meaning to get a wide angle lens.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

I remember your taps. :) From my "I like beer" thread.
    I still haven't done anything about incorporating my tap system into my kitchen, but tomorrow's another day.

You reminded me all ex-DH's brewing equipment is out in the barn. Hmmm....
    He made a Porter once, called "Chocolate Thunder." I was in heaven.

Your kitchen really looks great. I'm glad you love it. I couldn't imagine anything else!

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Oldbat and Jgopp - DH bought me one for Christmas also and I tested it on the ice caves and a shake down ride for this trip. He bought me a bicycle mount which puts everything upside down and backwards - but safer as it is below the handlebars.
    GoPro says - just do it! I figured out how to use the GP app to view and remove from the camera yesterday. .
    We could start a new post - GoPro kitchens!

• jgopp
    Original Author
    9 years ago

oldbat: I linked my original post at the bottom if you wanna relive the old crummy kitchen I replaced.

a2gemini: can't wait to see the updated photos! Also that sounds like so much fun for a vacation.

CEF: you gotta bust out that brewing equipment and make some new tasty beers for the fall. Or maybe even a Apple Cider perhaps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Original kitchen reveal

This post was edited by jgopp on Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 20:59

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

a2 - hah! Ya know, we really ought to:)

Thanks for linking jgopp. Off to enjoy again....