Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kylady7

Kitchen Faucets

kylady7
10 years ago

I have been looking at all the new faucets and am drawn to Delta's Addison Single Handle pull down faucet Delta 9192-RB-DSTR Even though I won't be needing it for a few weeks... right now it is on sale so was thinking of ordering it while there is a good savings.
Does anyone have this...If so ...Do you like it?
For those that have a Single Handle pull down Faucet...Which one do you have and Pro's and Con's.
thanks for your help...

Comments (20)

• numbersjunkie
    10 years ago

I have the Kohler simplice. LOVE it. I would never have 2 faucet handles again. And the pull down is great too.

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Calyle7-We just installed the Delta Leland last weekend. It is similiar to the Addison in appearance so I don't know if the features are the same. I really like it and it looks great. It stays in the setting you choose, either stream or spray with the push of the button. The pull out hose is long enough to spray out the whole sink. It seems well built and was easy to install if you are DYI.The only slightly negative I can find is that it takes some getting used to. It is taller than the previous faucet I had and I don't know if I am splashing more or if I am just more paranoid because everything around it is brand new. There is a lot of room under it to wash and rinse the dishes. BTW mine came with the soap dispenser, I was going to just install it until I got something better/different but it seems to work just fine. I'll just wait and see with that.

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Calyle7-We just installed the Delta Leland last weekend. It is similiar to the Addison in appearance so I don't know if the features are the same. I really like it and it looks great. It stays in the setting you choose, either stream or spray with the push of the button. The pull out hose is long enough to spray out the whole sink. It seems well built and was easy to install if you are DYI.The only slightly negative I can find is that it takes some getting used to. It is taller than the previous faucet I had and I don't know if I am splashing more or if I am just more paranoid because everything around it is brand new. There is a lot of room under it to wash and rinse the dishes. BTW mine came with the soap dispenser, I was going to just install it until I got something better/different but it seems to work just fine. I'll just wait and see with that.

• taggie
    10 years ago

We have the Addison at our breakfast bar sink. Works perfectly (good reach and excellent retraction) and I think it looks great. Go for it, you won't regret it.

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think the Faucet is Absolutely Beautiful!! And right now it is on sale at Home Depot...so I will go for it...thanks
    Your Kitchen is Stunning! Do you have pictures of the entire kitchen? What is the name and brand of the tile?
    thanks to everyone for replying....What a fantastic Help this forum is! So glad I have found it...Will be starting my Kitchen remodel in a couple of weeks...so sure I will have tons of Questions..

• akcorcoran
    10 years ago

All of our new faucets are one-handle pull downs - I just realized that!

We have the Kohler Vinnata set - main faucet and prep faucet. LOVE them. They initially look big but once they were in I love how they look and work. I had them installed with the temp control facing front per the suggestions of this forum and it's fantastic (no water drips on the counter!)

We have the Brizo Talo faucet in our wet bar (in the Venetian Bronze - really pretty rubbed color.)

And we have the Moen Arbor Motionsense Touchless faucet in our laundry room. I love that one - and almost went with it for our kitchen but decided on the Kohler for a couple different reasons. I love not having to touch anything, especially when my hands are dirty!

One word of warming - Faucets at Home Depot or Lowes are often less expensive because some of the brass inner fittings have been replaced with a less expensive metal or plastic. Our contractor's advice was that it's totally fine for a toilet or a tub that don't have those types of parts, but for faucets (sink, bath, tub) to always go through a plumbing supply resource. They will often price match if you push them, but I just wanted to pass on that advice.

Best of luck!
    Alexa

Kohler Vinnata Kitchen and Prep Faucet

Brizo Talo

Moen Arbor Motionsense Touchless

• j_hack
    10 years ago

We just bought and had installed the Delta Cassidy Touch faucet. Gorgeous and functions amazingly well. Ours is a pull down and the reach is perfect for our sink; which is the Blanco Performa Cascade (very large).

We didn't need ours right away when we started shopping and just kept checking around for prices. Eventually we found it for a tad cheaper, but not much. So if you are set on that one and it is on sale I'd go for it.

• taggie
    10 years ago

Hi calyle7, thanks for the kind comments on my kitchen. Link to my reveal is here:ÃÂ Taggie's kitchen, and you might also want to check out thynes' reveal where the tiles are used to stunning effect on their gorgeous cooktop backsplash:ÃÂ Thynes' kitchen.

Tile is a 2x4" metallic glass subway from Saltillo Imports. Link below...

PS. You don't need to worry about Delta quality from Home Depot. ÃÂ Delta uses the same interior parts regardless of who sells the faucet.ÃÂ

Good luck and have fun with your new kitchen!

Here is a link that might be useful: Saltillo Imports Metallic Glass Tile

• taggie
    10 years ago

akcorcoran, that moen arbor is particularly beautiful. I love the look of it. How do you find the touchless function, is it working well? Very tempting ...

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Is there a functional (or maintenance) difference between the faucets that have metal hoses (ex. grohe) and those that have what seems to be like a fabric hose?

Also, did any of you check the gpm flow before you bought your respective faucets? Our old faucet, which we loved (don't live in that house anymore) had a gpm flow rate of 2.2. The new one we're looking at - The Delta Trinsic - is only 1.8, and I'm concerned it won't be strong enough.

• phiwwy
    10 years ago

I have 2 Rohl Country collections - lever and pull down. They are splashy! even have a good aerator, could be my water pressure but I get soaked all the time.

• akcorcoran
    10 years ago

Hi taggie,

I did a lot of research because I was originally going with the Moen Arbor for my kitchen. It has solidly good reviews and I think the technology works very well. There are other hands-free options that folks talk about on here, but I wanted one that also operated as a normal sink faucet for folks that didn't live with us. (I strongly looked at the pedal model that folks like on here but that was my big difference.)

You have two hands-free options - if you put your hands under the faucet in the normal spot, you can see the sensor on the front - that will bring the water on as soon as it senses something in front of it and goes off when it's pulled away. That's pretty much how we use it most often.

You can also wave your hand over the top and it comes on streaming and stays on until you wave it again. I do that when i want to clean something for longer.

And, you can operate it normally - or you can turn off one or both of the touchless sensors if you want (by just holding your hand over them for five seconds, then doing the same to turn it back on, so no complicated mechanical stuff.)

Everytime I use it in the laundry room (which is often b/c I'm always getting detergent on my hands or washing after scooping up dirty clothes,) I have a pang about not putting it in our kitchen sinks, but I just wanted ended up liking the vinnata for how it matched with our kitchen better.

If you do get it, make sure you get the AC Adaptor. The way it comes out of the box, it uses batteries but the AC Adaptor isn't that expensive to add on and means you never have to worry about that. Just make sure your electrician puts an outlet under the sink. (Usually there is one nearby for a dw so sometimes they can put a tiny hole in the back and swing it to that one.)

Best of luck in your decision!
    Alexa

• Buehl
    10 years ago

About the comment regarding diffferent parts if you purchase from Home Depot or Lowes or similar...

If the model # is exactly the same, the model is exactly the same - including all parts, etc. However, if the model # differs by even one letter/number, then even though they look the same, they are different models. The differences may or may not make a difference to you, but it's something to be aware of.

BTW...different colors/finishes will have different model #s, so be sure you are comparing the same finishes when determining model #s.

(I made some phone calls when I remodeled, and everyone told me if the the model numbers were exactly the same, then the product was exactly the same - inside and out.)

• taggie
    10 years ago

Thank you, Alexa, for the in depth review - much appreciated!

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it for our kitchen at the cottage. We only have one sink there and there are so many times when I'm cooking or prepping that someone wants to reach in for a quick hand wash or to rinse a mug and I think this faucet would make the kitchen much more functional. And pretty too! Thx again.

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Dumb question? How do you control the temp on these motion activated faucets? Do you have to be careful where you have set the lever manually?

I have the Blanco Rados pull-down, it was a special order from HD, so I assume all the parts are top/high quality. I have had to have the spray head and hose replaced which Blanco sent quickly as it has a lifetime guarantee (supposedly not the hose, but they sent a new one anyways).

I love having a single lever control as usually my hands are pretty messy/filled when in the kitchen. Can't imagine ever going back to two different handles! LOL

• taggie
    10 years ago

raehelen, the motion activated faucets have the same single lever handle as a normal faucet for setting the temp. If you want to control the temp to something different you'd just use it like a regular faucet. But say you're prepping a raw chicken or you have someone wanting to duck in for a quick rinse, I imagine they'd get whatever temp it was last at. To me, it sounds like the best of both worlds. :)

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know I want the Delta Addison in Venetian Bronze...love the flow and beautiful lines it has...
    But I am trying to decide on the Regular or the Motion Activated.
    Is there anyone that has a motion activated that does not like it?
    Also read where a AC Adapter was recommended....Does anyone not have the Adapter and just use batteries...If so what are your thoughts?
    Thanks

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

After reading how much the ones that have the Motion Activated Faucets loves them...I decided to go for it!...I found it on line at a Super Great Price!...With Free shipping and No Tax got it for not much more than the one without the Motion Activated! Great Find!
    After I placed the order I asked Christy (customer sales rep) if she thought the Delta was a good choice...she laughed and said she certainly did...she got it when it first came out a couple of yrs ago and said she has loved it, she has never had any problems with it at all! She said the Venetian Bronze is absolutely Beautiful....so I am excited!

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

; i am order4ing the Brizio with the SS/bronze, motion activated too. It looks like a swan.

What sink did you chose?

• kylady7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is a Beautiful Faucet, Agree it does look like a Swan...and I love the idea of mixing the SS and Bronze...I will be having a stainless steel sink along with a few other SS things. No new SS appliances yet but hopefully in the future. Although I wish they weren't so hard to keep clean..
    But I also love the graceful look of the Delta Addison and have heard good reviews so I ordered mine in the Bronze to match the cabinet hardware that is oil rubbed bronze.
    As far as the sink....The place where I got my Cabinets and Granite....gave me a double bowl SS sink which is suppose to be a very high grade (but I forgot the brand) Anyway....since the sink was free and I am on a strict budget ..was glad to get it.