Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennyms319

help with layout of a small kitchen pic 1/6

Jennyms319
11 years ago

Hello, I really am hoping that someone here can help me. I feel like I'm at a dead end here. We are in the process of a hue remodel. I have done a ton of work on my kitchen just to get it to the shape it is in now. I was so gross. So I know that it doesn't look like much but I am very proud of it.

I had made my mind up that the wall dividing the kitchen and the dinning room would be knocked out. My husband and I had decided that we wanted to close up the door in the kitchen and put French doors in the dinning area where the double window is now. The French doors will open up to the huge porch . By the way the desk that is in the dinning area will not be there much longer. As i got to thinking the other day I realized that I'm going to run into problms with the french doors . The table will be in the waybecause i planned on centering it once the desk is gone. I am not set on keeping the same table but I feel like this will be an issue regardless. can anyone help me on possible layouts or show me similar pics of kitchens that could be like mine and what you have done. as you can see our home is very small. I have tossed out the idea of a breakfast bar where the wall is now but i just don't know how to incorperate it. And we have 4 people in our family. I really don't want us all sitting right next to each other eating . Please help me I feel like I'm lossing my mind!

Comments (8)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

It's very hard as you've posted pics one in each post, and at that, some are not showing up for me....and we really could use a floor plan. It would be much more helpful for us to understand what you are dealing with.

To put pics in one thread, you need to copy the image address (usually ends in .jpg) and paste it where the xxx is as follows, replacing the parentheses with pointy brackets instead (less than and greater than sign).

(img src="xxx")

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Jenny, start with reading the information contained in this thread ... http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0720230510755.html including following the links provided to read the information contained in the links. A little ways down, read how to get emails sent to you a 3 step process.

I am going to try to get all of your info consolidated here for you. Come here to this thread to discuss your project, don't start new subject threads. People will be able to help you much easier with everything together here in one location.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

It is not letting me post the pics in thread so I have to link to them. You will have to click on each one individually, sorry !!
    - Angela

Pic 2/6 another angle of dining area (did not show up for me to link - A)

Pic 3/6 entry to kitchen pic, this is the wall that i want to knock down (did not show up for me to link - A)

Pic 4/6 inside kitchen, thats the door we want to close up
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg080109054018.html

Pic 5/6 another in kitchen
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0801160315107.html

Pic 6/6 another angle in kitchen
    that board on the wall is turned around I was going to put bead board up on the walls and then i decided i wanted to open it up.
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0801175810636.html

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Responses Received so far from the Other Threads

�RE: inside kitchen
    Posted by ae2ga (My Page) on Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 1:22
    I'm sure the experts will soon be along to help answer your questions, but I wanted to point out that you can put multiple pictures in the same message and make it easier to see everything all at one.
    When you put in the html code for the first picture, space down a couple of lines and then do the next and then rinse and repeat until you have all of the pics in.

Unsolicited assistance I know, but maybe helpful nonetheless.

Posted by desertsteph (My Page) on Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 6:31
    what is the question? I have no idea. not that I'm an expert.
    I don't see a question tho, just a statement w/ a pic.

Posted by debrak_2008 (My Page) on Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 7:00
    You will get much more responses if you put everthing in one thread. Use an online photo service like photo bucket to be able to post all your photos in one post. If nothing else at least keep it all in one thread. Your various threads (I don't think I can find them all) will end up scattered all over.
    You may wish to start a new thread with a title that briefly explains your question. Put all your photos and info in the first post. Let all these other threads drop.

Its up to you, I'm not trying to tell you what to do. Everyone here wants to help but its alot easier if all your info is together.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

OK, I think I got all of them. Commence with the reply postings . . . !!

• Jennyms319
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry everyone, I really messed this all up. I will try to repost with all the pics in one post. I don't know what i was thinking.this remodel has caused me to go crazy!

Thanks

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Jenny, don't start another new post, you can just add pictures to this post. Also, could you draw out your current floor plan layout and write in the dimensions ? Or, if you already have a layout idea of what you want to do with your kitchen, post it here. And remember to update your profile so you can receive emails. http://ths.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/kitchbath/2011124917007513.html

• badgergal
    11 years ago

angela12345 here are the pictures of yours that I could copy into one post. There are some that did not show up in your individual posts. You need to measure out your kitchen and draw it on graph paper. Put in any door and windows with there measurements. Then either scan the drawing or take a picture of it and post the floor plan on here. You should then be able to get some helpful responses for your kitchen remodel.
    Good luck
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}