Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador Appliances

Posted by Bellaireresident (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 0:54

I bought my new house in 2007. I was pleased to see Thermador kitchen appliances except the Fridge. So I bought a Thermador fridge for $10000.00+. I did not mind spending hoping that Thermador built the quality products. During these few years, I had problems with my gas range, then with fridge and now with microwave. I called Thermador only to learn that they warranted their products for one year only. I was told to call the contractor and get it fixed at my own cost. In my opinion, Thermador products are meant for the junk yard, not for the kitchens. They will let you down. .

Sorry! Mr Thermador, you have to fix your own problems and provide an honest service. Appliances from junk yard will be more reliable than your new products.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermador Appliances

Yikess...I just ordered all Thermador too!

o

I also just ordered a few Thermador appliances and I am excited to receive them! I think they'll be great. Not worried at all.

Every brand has its issues.

o

Thank you for the post. A year warranty is no incentive for quality.

This post was edited by dan1888 on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 19:29

o

I had a similar experience with Miele about 8 years go but it doesn't go over well on this website.

o

My Kitchenaid refrigerator had to be repaired one month after the year warranty was up, then it was repaired two more times in the next ten years or so. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. We replaced it with Thermador, so far so good.

o

I've got a 13 year old Thermador gas range that is still ticking. I will admit their customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with, but we haven't had any issues as far as reliability since it's been in our possession.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here