Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marykh_gw

Bosch Flex-induction installed!

marykh
9 years ago

Countertops went in yesterday (Caesarstone Buttermilk) and so did the cooktop!

Comments (14)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

When do you get to use it?

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

Ooh, nice!

• rikerk
    9 years ago

Mary how is the bosch flex induction working out? I am thinking about switching to induction and I'm very intrigued by this unit...although I have not seen one in person

Thanks Kim

• ssdarb
    9 years ago

Does "flex" mean there are no hobs? Just put things anywhere on the surface?

• SparklingWater
    9 years ago

Very nice marykh. Induction tops stay cool to touch or is it when off, they immediately cool? Nice to see kitchen progress for you.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Induction tops stay cool to touch or is it when off, they immediately cool

Not exactly cool, they do get plenty warm from heat transferred from the hot pan, but not hot like a gas or regular electric stove. You won't burn yourself. And they do start to cool down instantly when they're turned off.

• SparklingWater
    9 years ago

Thanks sjhockeyfan. That's what I thought, but hubbie wasn't quite sure.

marykh, we love our gas range, but clean up of the enamal black top is challenging. After spot checking, I used a little left over Dacor ceramic cleaner and surprisingly, it took off a lot of the spill overs (has little bit of silica in it). A little water to wipe and microfiber to dry and shine and voila!

• abandy
    9 years ago

Marykh, I just installed mine yesterday. I have an old, sort of dented, comal that I plan on using on the left. However, I see that Bosch sells a pan and griddle for that side (very $pendy!). What have you been using on the side when you want to use both hobs at once?

• marykh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

abandy, I've used the dual hob setting both for a very large stockpot (when the other large hob was already in use) and for a Lodge rectangular cast iron griddle I already had. I think it ran about $40 when I purchased it a couple of years ago. Worked fine in both cases.

I've found I use that left side separately more as separate hobs, than as one large, long one.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    9 years ago

Is that a vent that raises up from the counter at the back?

• marykh
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, hoovb. It's a 13" tall vent that rises when you depress that black button on the right. I was skeptical, but really did not want the visual block of an overhead hood. I've been impressed.

If the pasta pot is on the back hob, it takes care of the steam nicely. The home was on a tour of homes this fall and one of the nights they had a local chef making spinach salad with flambeed bacon dressing. The vent was a champ and the chef wanted to take the cooktop and vent home with him.

• Ivan I
    9 years ago

More photos of that kitchen please !

What brand is that vent?

• dovetonsils
    9 years ago

marykh - glad you are answering questions about your induction cooktop - I must have missed the thread when you started it.

Is the vent part of the cooktop, or a separate item? What is the total front to back measurement? Can the cooktop plus vent be installed on a regular 25" countertop?

We have a downdraft Jenn-Aire electric top and I thought we were locked out of the induction world because we need downdraft.