Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ayako_gw

36" Viking 6 burner

ayako
10 years ago

Hi everyone, I am a new member here.
We are few weeks away from completing our what turned out to be a 8 months long renovation, and are now shopping for kitchen appliances.

When I was researching few months ago, I found several online stores that offered great pricing, free shipping and no sales tax. Now that we are ready to buy, I found out that those online stores are not licensed to sell Viking stove anymore (except for 30" Viking I see on Appliance Outlet through Amazon).
I called one of the large stores here (NY area) and they offered free Viking dishwasher if we buy vent hood and blower at the same time.
The next day I call the same store and talked to different sales rep, he offered about $700 discount but no mention of free dishwasher.
The price difference from few months ago are more than $1000 for the stove alone.
Is there anyway to get that pricing from few months ago somehow?

Comments (2)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

What you should do is read the Appliance Forum.

Google gardenweb "Viking problems" or defects or reliability etc.

Then Viking purchased by Middleby. Layoffs retired rift

Then you should run the other way.

• ayako
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi deeageaux,
    Thank you for replying.
    I wasn't aware of the takeover. That is definitely a concern.
    Read some past posts about problem with appliances and services, but I had made my kitchen cabinet around 36" stove and 42" Viking vent hood, so I don't know if I can change my mind now.
    Although the stove is a stand-alone, maybe I can choose another stove with the same widths?
    Are Wolf or Bluestar better in your opinion?
    I had 36" Viking in our previous home and had no issue.
    Also I hear it helps with the resale value.
    I have to decide in the next few days!