Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jonah22_gw

narrow counter depth fridge, any alternative to fisher/paykel?

jonah22
15 years ago

im specing fridges for a galley kitchen and i am looking for a narrow counter depth fridge. ive looked at the fisher/paykel and the reviews have been mediocre. does anyone have any experience with a fisher/paykel fridge? are there any other options? thanks. jonah.

Comments (15)

• Circus Peanut
    15 years ago

I absolutely adore my 30" counter depth Liebherr, which also comes in 24" width. Pricey, but made in Germany by adults earning a living wage, the greenest & most efficient machine on the market, and gorgeous to boot:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Liebherr fridges

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

Summit makes them. 26''w x 26''D

Here is a link that might be useful: Summit Frig

• mary_in_nc
    15 years ago

Another vote here for Liebherr 30". I discovered it through the appliance forum. So glad I did! I love it! We had space constraints as well and it has worked out perfectly for us.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

FWIW, the few people on the appliance forum here who have the F&P seem happy with it. I'm quite interested in the Summit fridges and I'd love to hear feedback from anyone who has one (and to see pics of either it or the F&P installed.)

• joycedc
    15 years ago

I'm having a 24" Fagor delivered today (if the delivery Gods are with me). I have a small galley kicthen in an urban setting.

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

I too would love to hear about the Summit if anyone has experience. I don't know of any appliance shops in my area that have them on the showroom floor. I am helping my friend with her small city condo kitchen re-do and was thinking of this for her. The Liebherr is out of her price range, otherwise, I would suggest that to her.

THANKS!

• lascatx
    15 years ago

We're looking at a Samsung bottom mount for our utility room for similar reasons. It doesn't' have handles to stick out, so that helps us too. Whirlpool makes a similar model -- and I think there is a Kenmore. They are a little deeper than what I would want tor coutner depth, but then, most of them are. I think they are worth looking at -- all reasonably priced.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    15 years ago

There is a website called the appliancist.com
    They have the most gorgeous appliances from all over the world.

Another interesting website is john lewis department store in London, England.
    You can see all european appliances. Most of the appliances are streamlinedand well designed.
    Sometimes you can get the sme items in the U.S.

Home Depot and Costco carry vera frost made in denmark. It is tall and narrow woth freezer on the bottom.

• alexrander
    15 years ago

I have a different model Summit, and it's made in Denmark. It's 24" by 24" and about 80" tall. It's the model CP 171ss (stainless).. great refrigerator, made by Vestfrost. The freezer is at the bottom but it is not frost free. Because it has 2 compressors, I only have to defrost it maybe once a year.

I noticed Summit has a couple new tall counter-depth refrigerators that are frost free. Including a 27" width.. If you scroll further down the page link you'll find those as well. Both bottom freezers- Model FFBF245SS
    and Model FFBF285SS

I think these two are also made in Denmark by Vestfrost, but I'm not sure.. Summit told me a while back they were going to import a few newer models...

Here is a link that might be useful: Summit refrigerators (imported?)

• pasigal
    15 years ago

We have a F&P, which I reviewed here a few months ago. Summit is your only other choice at the low/mid range. Otherwise, things get pricey.

• salal_08
    15 years ago

Be careful where you put the F&P, it needs about 2 feet for the door swing to be able to get the produce drawers open. If you can do without a freezer or afford the space and $$ for some freezer drawers elsewhere in your kitchen, Thermador makes a counter-depth all refirgerator (24" or 30") that I wish I could get. But it's pricy and so are the drawers.

• glad
    15 years ago

i kept my old fridge during the remodel but plan to replace with f&p at some oint. there have been several threads in the appliance forum that i felt wre much more positive than mediocre. the liebherr is beautiful, but double the price of the f&p.

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

One more option might be the True T-23DT. It's 29.5'' deep & 27'' wide (and over $3500.)

Here is a link that might be useful: [True](http://www.truemfg.com/CC_host/pages/custom/templates/truemfg/tablepage.cfm?&cc_nvl=((catalogCode,true_master),(lineCode,region2),(prodtreeID,50),(nodeCode,CATID_32)))

• hydrangea_2008
    15 years ago

I've had a the Fisher Paykel for over 2 years and absolutely love it. It is super quiet,energy efficient, looks good and cost half of what a Liebherr did (at least at that time). The appliance place I bought it from said that they'd really not had many complaints about it (and they're a very reputable place in the Pacific NW). I know that consumer reports says otherwise - but so far, I guess I've had enough bad luck with my other appliances that the some good luck was due to me, maybe :).

In my new kitchen redo I am keeping the fridge (though am allocating enough place to swap out a larger one, should I ever need one).

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

hydrangea, do you have a photo of the fridge installed? Did you get the trim kit?