Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

I've got a finish problem.

CEFreeman
10 years ago

Ok, I know I have a problem finishing things, but that's only one problem. We're not talking about that right now. I'm talking now about finishes on cabinetry. I joke that because I'm making it, I can change my mind any time. But...

I'm way over dark wood. I love my painted kitchen cabinets, which is cool. However, I'm absolutely in love with the look of raw wood that's been whitewashed.

I think I mentioned in my 'Stripping' thread that I was stripping the drawers on my beaded inset, white Quakermaid cabinets. OMG. The white paint that's remaining in the grain (oak, of course) is gorgeous.

I'm eyeing all my painted cabinets, my yet-unstained and unfinished maple butcher block countertop I made, and everything I don't like in my house. Having discovered Citrustrip and looking for Soygel, I'm a monster.

This includes my Cottage, espresso maple bathroom vanities...

What do we do when we've invested in one love/look, and suddenly we're cheating on it with other ideas?

Could be dangerous.

Comments (7)

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Enjoy the creativity journey. Pictures please!

This post was edited by snookums2 on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 7:52

• rosie
    10 years ago

Pour yourself a glass of wine and go tell "Espresso maple" it's all over. :)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Amicus Green Building Center in Kensington has Soy Gel....it's a cool store to browse as well....here a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soy gel

• jakuvall
    10 years ago

Search around for "ceruse" for what others have done with that.

• CEFreeman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

joanieponie, I'm heading down to Rockville next Friday, so I'll make a Kensington stop. Thanks.

jakuvall, I did a search and have been reading my bummy off. Essentially, people are all saying the same thing, just with different, cool. projects. I think I'm on the right page.

Thanks!
    (You should see my front door. A-maaaaazing.)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

CE, that is a tease and you know it. Please post a pic of that front door post haste please!