Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

Cherished pets.....gonna make you cry!

Peke
10 years ago

The old/new thread of "does your dog match your kitchen" is almost full. I noticed how many of us have lost our cherished pets.

About a month after I lost my 18 year old Pekingese, I flew to San Francisco for a conference. I saw a store that sold figurines. I couldn't believe it when I saw a Pekingese angel ornament for my Christmas tree. I didn't even look at the price tag. I brought it home to Oklahoma and saved it until Christmas to surprise my family. Needless to say it has been on our tree every year for 13 years.

Last year my SIL lost her cocker spaniel so I found a cocker spaniel angel ornament online and gave it to her for Christmas. I made her cry. I told her I would before she opened it.

So for all of you pet lovers, I just thought I would mention this to you. I know we think of our pets often, but seeing the ornament every year brings back memories of the dog toys or treats we chose with care and wrapped as presents, the wrapped present that had a little corner chewed off, or the train around the Christmas tree that all three of my Pekingese chased.

In case you want one or two....google Pekingese angel ornament. (choose your own breed.) I bet they have them for cats too.

Peke

Comments (5)