Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kamkar2006_gw

Few Pics of 80% done white kitchen

kamkar2006
11 years ago

I am terrible with this picture posting thing. We move in this upcoming weekend and wanted to share a few pics....bear in mind, its a total mess at the house right now, but I was too excited to wait until everything looked perfect! So if this actually works, here are a few pics! My favorite things are, well, basically after a few hiccups, I am thrilled with it all!

Here is a link that might be useful: 80% done kitchen

Comments (33)

• beeps
    11 years ago

It is very pretty! I can see why you are thrilled with it. Such a pretty view with all the trees too! Cute pendant lights. So, you will have to list all the "ingredients" when you get a minute.

• AnglovesJ
    11 years ago

Looks great!!!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

It's so beautiful that I had to share for those not wanting to click away from GW.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Very clever to mimic the hood's arch with the dark cabs!

• gaonmymind
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Like the mix of paintd and stained. I am thinking of doing this too.

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Hi Kamkar,

I can see why you wanted to post some pictures -- gorgeous!
    I love your breakfast area, your windows, marble, and great light fixtures.
    We look forward to seeing more pictures.

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• tulip55
    11 years ago

W.O.W.!!!!!!!!! Beautifully done.

• Snbtwins
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! This is my dream kitchen. More details please!!! What is the height of your ceiling? How large is your island and what are the dimensions of the kitchen? Great job so far, I can't wait to see it finished!!

• kamkar2006
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! We are actually adding more crown molding above the kitchen window, as an after thought! I forgot to post a few pics of the butlers pantry and walk in pantry (maybe later today) There are still tons of things to do design wise with furniture as you can see (any input with stools would be great, I want four stools that will tuck neatly underneath the counter, but that will take me quite a few months. I have a quick minute to give a few details:

Cabinets- Crown Point Cabinetry in Pointing and Chestnut stain on Sapele
    Lights- Rejuvenation
    Appliances-Wolf DF Range, Subzero fridge, Bosch 800 series DW (with custom paneled)and Uline Beverage Center (in butlers pantry)
    Counters- Imperial Danby honed 3cm, ogee on island and straight edge everywhere else
    Paint-BM Pale Oak
    Breakfast Area Light- Restoration hardware
    Cabinet Hardware- Cliffside Industries knobs and Restoration hardware lugarno pulls in Polished nickel
    Sinks-Blanco Quatrus (both)
    Faucets- Rohl Cinquanta with side sprays
    Floors- White oak stained ebony
    I think that's most of the details!

• kamkar2006
    Original Author
    11 years ago

snbtwins- Thanks, this kitchen has been ALOT of planning and late nights looking online!

Dimension wise, it probably feels larger than it really is. If you include the space between the edge of the island and the dark cabinets (3 1/2 feet) , as well as the stool side of the island to the steps going down to the family room (approx 8 feet), the size is about 19 x 20. It also feels bigger because of the open space to the kitchen nook (14x 12). DH wants a 8' table there!

The island is about 108" x 55" (I think it actually came out a tad smaller)

• enright5
    11 years ago

Simply Beautiful!! What is the back splash- can you share?? Gorgeous!!!

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Very beautiful, no wonder you wanted to share right away.

• kamkar2006
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The backsplash is by HRJ and its a crackle white 3 x 6 subway tile. Very thick and adds another nice texture!

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

As everyone has said, really gorgeous. What a pleasure it will be to work here. Thanks for sharing.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

love it all, nice to see the mix of cab. colors, I am doing that as well, so nice to get a visual. very well thought out, looks like you didn't skimp on anything. Good luck with it all!

• eandhl
    11 years ago

Both beautiful and functional. Enjoy it!

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Stunning, and what a great combination - it all flows so nicely and looks perfect for entertaintin! Love those pendants - elegant but not distracting. Fabulous job - enjoy!

• nini804
    11 years ago

Oh, I love! It took my breath away! Adore everything, especially love your dining nook. Bravo!

• Snbtwins
    11 years ago

Thank you for the dimensions. I keep going back and staring at your pictures, soooo beautiful! Is your ceiling height 9' or 10'?

Thanks!

• ratrem
    11 years ago

Wow!! Amazing space, absolutely gorgeous... Love Love Love it

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more after you move in!

• munchladyland
    11 years ago

It's beautiful! I swooned over that beautiful veining in your island. Enjoy it!

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

so lovely!!! Beautiful woodwork, molding and detail. GOOD BONES!!

• selphydeg
    11 years ago

Its so beautiful. Congratulations on the new kitchen.

• taggie
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

• NY128
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on a labor of love. We were thinking of going with Crown Point cabinetry. How did you find working with them? Quality and pricing? Did you go to their factory in NH?

• kamkar2006
    Original Author
    11 years ago

NY128- Working with them was fine. I felt like I did a lot of the leg work and planning though. I felt like they just went with the plan I gave without adding too much else, but it was ok, and worked out great! The cabinets speak for themselves. I did go to the factory, although after seeing a few samples they sent in the mail, I did not feel the need to, nor did I think it "sealed the deal". However my husband loved the tour and enjoyed seeing the assembly line. I knew I wanted crown point from the first visit I had from the sales rep. They were gorgeous. I was also able to get a decent discount. I cannot say enough about the quality. Its absolutely the best made kitchen cabinet. The extras are quite expensive, so if you can limit the glass and the amount of separate cabinets you design you can save money. My initial design had my darker cabinets coming down to the counters and I had all kinds of other design features with columns on the edge of island etc., I had to cut those out because of budget. My hardest decision was the darker wood color because I wanted to make sure it complimented the ebony floors. But there are so many choices and you can't go wrong. My advice would be to ask for a designer that has been with crown point for a long time (10 yrs plus) as they may be able to add more based on their experience. Everyone at CP was a pleasure to work with though. Hope this helps!

• JeannieMer
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Any chance you can post the layouts and elevations? The dimensions are helpful, but more information would certainly be even more helpful. Thanks!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Looking Fabulous! Love the granite, counters but most especially the banquette area???? Looks like the perfect spot for it with those gorgeous windows looking out on the great view! Love the tone of the dark cabinets with the lighter ones and the floor. So wonderful for you.

• slonewby
    11 years ago

Really, REALLY pretty~ Nicely done!!!!!

• Doba
    10 years ago

Hi kamkar2006. I would love to know how the Rohl Cinquanta faucets are working out for you as well as the Quatrus. I am probably getting both. Your kitchen is beautiful. I can't seem to find a sink to look at in my area, so I am only going on what I see online.