Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cepac vs Home Depot vs refin lantern tile

Posted by addycal75 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 23:39

I finally selected a backsplash tile and tomorrow I'm going to place the order...then I learned of three companies that carry the tile. Cepac is a Japanese company and the price per square foot is $17. Refin is Italian and also $17. Home Depot has it for $7. Does anyone have experience with this? The thickness appears to be the same. Maybe the quality of ceramic is different? I would love some feedback.

Thank you!
-Adrienne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cepac vs Home Depot vs refin lantern tile

For a backsplash, which is under almost no stress and has no traffic, I'd go with the Home Depot tile.

On a 50 square foot order, the price difference is $500. What could you do with an extra $500 for your kitchen?

o

I have the Home Depot version. I saw it in on Overstock and other sites for various prices as well. The only challenge for my contractor was that the mesh disintegrated with water, making it more difficult to install. That being said, I love mine.

photo P1010336.jpg

o

When we did the kitchen and more recently the firelplace, I shopped local stores and got the name/mfr of the tile we were interested in etc..then googled the information. I bought our kitchen floor and fireplace surround tile online and saved a bundle. When the cartons arrived, they were intact with the exact information I had ordered, i.e. Dal-Tile, etc...not some off-brand susbsitute.

o

Thank you! That looks beautiful 1929 Spanish! I ended up with the more expensive one just because I felt like it might be easier to cut. Could be totally wrong. I have saved so much on this remodel and at this point I need that level of customer service to keep me from screwing up as I near the finish line! That said, I ordered bin pulls from Kennedyhardware.com at $5 each instead of rejuevenation at $14. SO MANY DECISIONS!!! Thanks for sharing your photo. That is exactly what I was hoping for. It looks fresh and fun and still classic.
On to the next decision! How did you finish the edges (bullnose?)? Thanks, Adrienne

o

and lucky for me...I guess...I only need 29sq feet:)

o

Because the tile was also white, we just cut it like so.....

photo DSC00650.jpg

We only had two raw edges and I decided not to make a big deal about it.

And thanks so much for the complement. We love it.

This post was edited by 1929Spanish on Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 20:39

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here