Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

a few pics of our new kitchen

kelleg69
14 years ago

We moved into our new house over the weekend. We have been in the building process for over a year. We tore down and old house and built in an established neighborhood. It has been the most stressful, crazy year of my life. I do love my house, though. I hope I will be able to say it was all worth it. Thank all of you who helped me on the kitchen. I am going to post some pics now, but may come back with some better ones and details after I find my good camera. These are taken at night with my iPhone.

Anyway, here are some. There are some blue tape spots. And, we are having the counter stools painted white--we just like painted wood--I tried the stained and we just want them painted :).

Comments (34)

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Kelleg, it looks GREAT. I love how the "hutch" turned out, and the cab hardware you finally chose is just right. Pls take a pic of that beautiful centrepiece behind the range - I'm dying to see the details.

Thsk for sharing and congrats on being back home!! Isn't it a great feeling?

Eliz

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Oh, very pretty, kelleg! What stone is that?

• annie.zz
    14 years ago

fabulous! You must be so thrilled that it's done!

• plllog
    14 years ago

Congratulations on the move! May you be renewed.

Very pretty kitchen.

• kelleg69
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Eliz, thanks for the comments on hardware. I know you were involved in some of those decisions. You might notice that I didn't change hardware on the hutch. In the end, I decided to keep it simple!

The stone is Costa Esmerelda granite. I love it!

I will take some pictures of the accent behind stove. Like I said, I need a camera with a flash, or I will try in the morning.

I am very glad to be done, though, we have already had a repairman out to work on ice dispenser (plus, many others for other parts of the new house :( ). Anyway, thanks for chiming in. I will give more details when I get better pics and have a minute!

• kelleg69
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pllog, must have been posting at the same time. I love your word--renewed. That is what I need!

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Kelleg, I just love your kitchen renovation so much! I love how neutral and happy and luxurious the kitchen looks and that warm feeling it gives from seeing the gorgeous pictures. I love your beautiful granite counters. I love the hardware you chose and the color on the cabinets and refrigerator enclosure (just stunning!).

I am thinking of doing recessed lighting in my kitchen and was wondering what size did you use (5" or 6"?)?

• kimran
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your wood: the cabinets/island/hutch and your windows and doors create a great backdrop for all of the other details! Congrats on being done.

• rhome410
    14 years ago

Really beautiful! Congratulations!

• pluckymama
    14 years ago

Kelleg, it's beautiful. Love it. Can't wait to hear the details!

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Wow! your kitchen is beautiful. I like the sink in your table its what I want to be done in my kitchen.

• leanne123
    14 years ago

Kelleg - your kitchen is outstanding! I especially love the way the upper cabinet doors mirror the windows at the kitchen sink - love it!

• alice462
    14 years ago

What a lovely space -- love your cabinet design, the mix of glass and solid fronts, the hutch, pendant lights, the dark floor, backsplash design behind cooktop, window style, cabinet hardware. Wow -- just great choices that came together beautifully! Hope you enjoy your new home!

• amcofar
    14 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen! I love the rich tile design behind your stove! I happen to like the stained-wood stools, too.

• carolinesmom
    14 years ago

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!

• ebse
    14 years ago

I absolutely love what you've done. You have such a great attention to detail.

I love your granite and your pendants especially!!

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

I echo what everyone else has said - gorgeous, beautiful, lovely, outstanding! As leanne123 said, having all the glass be divided light panes is very striking. Hope you are soon able to enjoy a much deserved rest and enjoy that great kitchen.

• nicole__
    14 years ago
  • marthavila
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely enough to love. And I do!

• katieob
    14 years ago

Kelleg~

It looks gorgeous! Love every part, but especially that huge island and the CE granite. Looks so sophisticated, but totally comfortable. Great job!

Oh, I hear you on the crazy year. We're in the ninth month of a new build and I am just about "done" in every sense.

Happy for you to be "renewed" and looking forward to it...

Katie

• rosie
    14 years ago

Helleg, what a lovely kitchen you've created! Your Costa Esmeralda granite is fabulous--warm, cool, rich, calm. Ummm! Congratulations on moving in and on to the enjoying-it stage. :)

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

LOVE your granite! Please give us details - cabs, appliances, etc.

I'll bet it feels really good to be soooo close to the finish line.

• timber.j
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I love the dark floors and the countertop color. Can you post a picture of the backsplash behind the range? I would love a closer look at it!

• teppy
    14 years ago

So pretty. i love it. Its a very classic look. i hope that you are enjoying yours as much as i am mine. you must just love being in there.

• rubyfig
    14 years ago

How classicly lovely. Looking forward to the details.

• megradek
    14 years ago

Congrats, kelleg on moving in!!!!!!! Cheers from another who can appreciate the time, energy, sleepless nights, agony of decisions, and satisfaction from building a home. You did unpack your wine glasses already, right??

I can't wait for more clear photos, but I can tell already that I love how the floor turned out! I also really like the drum shade pendants over the island, the CE, and your hood. Love it all. Ahhhhh. time to get settled. One box at a time...

• zeebee
    14 years ago

Lovely kitchen - classic and beautiful. It will look just as fresh in ten years as it does now. And your granite is knockout.

• tarhlfan
    14 years ago

Beautiful! What color did you paint the walls in the kitchen? I am looking for the right color for my kitchen now.thx

• beth
    14 years ago

Elegant, simply elegant. What kind of cabinets did you use? They are exquisite. It is like a dream kitchen.

• redroze
    14 years ago

Oh my, is it ever lovely!! I really like your pendants which I've never seen before, they go nicely with the all-white kitchen. Your granite is dreamy. And I love all the French door action going on in the windows, upper cabinet doors, and French doors (I'd LOVE to replace our sliding doors with French doors someday). Love it.

• kimmieb
    14 years ago

This is beautiful. I'm with redroze I love those pendants. Do you mind sharing the details on them?

• Christine Clemens
    14 years ago

Ahhh, so beautiful. What a wonderful space for your family. I would not mind more pictures of the rest of the house if I can be so bold. Congratulations on your new home.

• kelleg69
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all. Thanks SO much for the kind words. I really appreciate them. It has been a very crazy and tough year, but I do like the way things turned out. I will probably post pics of the whole house on the building a house forum in a week or two--still not sure where the good camera is. Anyway, the lights are Visual Comfort Chart House. I always planned on having little checked shades made for them, but I am happy with them the way they are right now. I am finding "less is more" right now. I was going to have a window treatment made for the window, but am holding off for a while. Maybe I will eventually.

I will try to get some more pics this weekend--especially of the backsplash. It is Jeffrey Court--Antico Portugese--if that helps anyone.

Thanks for all the input you all had for me. You helped A LOT!

• kelleg69
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just noticed redroze's thing about French doors. My doors in the kitchen are SLIDERS! I have French doors in the family room, but I insisted on sliders in the kitchen b/c I replaced doors that opened into my table in my last house. Maybe look into new sliding doors. I love them. Ours are Marvin, but my old house had Anderson, I think.