Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katsmah

Kohler soap dispenser and Never MT

katsmah
12 years ago

Had to disconnect the Never MT from my Kohler soap dispenser today. Soap has been oozing out since it was originally installed and when I took it apart today I can see that there is a notch in the pump causing the ooze. The dispenser is mounted too close to the side of the cabinet so I can't even use the bottle which is 1/2" too big around.

I like the look of the dispenser, now need to figure out my options. Anyone have a traditional dispenser that works well with the Never MT? I have the Kohler Vinnata faucet that I would like it to complement.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler 1893 soap dispenser

Comments (12)

• Buehl
    12 years ago

I wonder if that notch is supposed to be there. I also have a Kohler soap dispenser (2 of them) with a Never-MT and I haven't had any oozing. I have the 1894, though. It's paired with a Kohler Vinnata on my cleanup sink and with a Kohler Fairfax on my prep sink.

I don't see a notch in my dispenser.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soap/lotion dispenser with Traditional design (Clam shell packed)

• katsmah
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks buehl. A friend purchased the same dispenser when I did and has the same issues. The notch must be a new feature. I'll take a look at the 1894, looks like Lowes sells it so if it has the same notch I can easily take it back and will have to look for another brand.

• revka
    12 years ago

Can someone clarify which Kohler dispenser/s were not compatible with the Never Mt?

I"m thinking of purchasing either the

Kohler K-1895-C-VS (contemporary) or KOHLER K-1893-C-VS (Traditional)

Has anyone tried using either of these with the Never MT?

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    12 years ago

the Never MT instructions that a kind soul here had scanned in (I apologize for copying only the instructions and not the person who posted them!) has specific instructions for Delta dispensers having a vent hole. Perhaps Kohler has changed their design to be similar?

from the scanned installation instructions:
    3. For Delta pumps with a vent hole, soften the clear vinyl ring in warm water and press onto the pump assembly and up to the collar to cover the vent hole.

HTH

• revka
    12 years ago

To mtnfever, Thanks. That makes sense. If the problem was a vent hole..., covering it would solve the problem. Thanks again.

• katsmah
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My Kohler 1893 soap dispenser has a vent hole and soap is oozing out of that hole so it appears that the design has changed, but it is also oozing out of the notch above it. I have temporarily gone back to using a bottle with the dispenser.

• formerlyflorantha
    12 years ago

O.T. --mine is Delta dispenser. I don't have NeverMT and was frequently crawling under sink cab to undo the little plastic bottle for filling. Then my daughter visited me and giggled. "Here Mom, just try this!" She showed me how to pull top off the dispenser, then pour detergent into the hole from the top, then push the top back on again. It still doesn't have a huge soap reservoir but now at least I can fill it easily.

• revka
    12 years ago

katsmah & florantha - Thanks for your comments.

I purchased the Kohler 1895 and will look out for that notch. With the bottle being 16 oz I will probably not need the Never MT.

• cflaherty
    12 years ago

ok...what is a NeverMT?

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

It's only one of the slickest little why-didn't-I-think-of-that ideas I've seen in a long time. I heard of it on the forum and can't wait to get mine. Two, in fact!

No more frequent and potentially messy refilling of your soap dispenser...

Here is a link that might be useful: Never MT

• sarahlee123
    12 years ago

Breezygirl, I'll second that - you will LOVE it! And it's ridiculously easy to install. Even. *I* could do it. :-)

• elba1
    12 years ago

I read on here once that someone also just used a piece of aquarium tubing - has anyone had problems with that?