Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Height adjustable chair or stool for kitchen

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 23:15

I have a smallish trestle table (30inX50in) for the kitchen. This will be at the end of the galley near the window seat. I would like to add a couple more chairs for seating. I suspect that this will be the main table for the family meals and also a hangout spot for homework, coffee and paper etc. I don't think I have room for more than 2 chairs.. maybe 3 at most. This is a casual area and chairs don't need to match.. just work together. I thought to use a height adjustable chair or stool as I could use the flexibility to increase the height for counter height seating for use near the prep area or a pull up table I have at the end of a counter run. A few times a year I will cook something that requires a long prep and it sure would be comfortable to be able to pull up a chair near the prep sink. Any ideas for stools or chairs that could work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Height adjustable chair or stool for kitchen

Bumping to see if I can get any ideas on this one..

o

Most adjustable kitchen seating is meant to vary between a counter or bar height. I don't know how many height adjustable options are available for table height seating. Also, you can't pull a chair up next to a counter unless there is an overhang or knee space - is that available near your prep area?
Options: You might want to look at adjustable desk chairs (like a task chair) or adjustable work stools - there might be something in a more industrial style.

o

I've seen a lot of stools that are good for counter or bar height, and go about 2" above table height but no lower. Room and Board has one. I haven't seen any that go from table height to counter height.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here