Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katlynn719

Curava countertops?

katlynn719
9 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Curava countertops? We will be replacing countertops in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms and are considering all options. I liked the look of Curava (the color Savaii in particular) and I'd like opinions from real people. The Curava website gives them high praise, of course, but this surface is new to me. Is it as durable and easy to maintain as they claim?Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kathy

Comments (109)

• carolynscuts
    8 years ago

Hmmmm.... cheaper than Lowe's? Maybe I'll call Curava directly. If I can get it cheaper than Lowe's somewhere, maybe I'll get it and lived with whatever happens for a while and replace down the line if it doesn't work out. :) Can you tell approx how much less? Was your granite more expensive and that more awesome??? :)

• durango118
    8 years ago

i googled "Curava" and my home town and not only did our local Lowes pop up but so did a tile/floor/counter top place. I called them for a price but they wouldn't give me one. Said I had to go through a fabricator. They gave me several names over the phone that they recommended. I called one of them and had him come out to the house to do some measurements. He told me to have this place give us "his" cost since he would not mark up anything that we ended up picking out. The short of it is when we started out at the first of several stone places he recommended the first one had the Curava. The cost of the Curava was actually $500 less than the cost of the granite that we ended up picking out. But once we saw the granite we knew that it was for us. The Savii at Lowes came in at $6100 + $1200 for the lowering of a breakfast bar that is 6 inches higher than my counter + 375 for steel bars to support the new, larger breakfast bar + new sink, new faucet, new lighting, electrician, and plumber.....I need 64 sq feet of counter & 4" back splash. I really didn't plan it to work out like this but it seems like for us it will work out better. The Savii at Lowes right now is $67 a sq ft, which comes out to $4623 and they say this includes installation, but I found that there are a lot of hidden extras. The edging alone was over $1000. ($2.36 /inch) and that was the cheapest one. I have no doubt the Lowes install would be have been close to 9K. Just a bit more than I wanted to spend.

• kfolven51
    8 years ago

Boy am I glad I found this thread!! I thought I was losing my mind. After tons of research I purchased Curava Savaii to be installed in my kitchen. It was completed on February 15th and looks absolutely beautiful! I was so pleased until I noticed a mark that I thought was just some caulking that hadn't gotten scraped off by the installers. Planning on calling them at some point to ask about it a few days went by. I discovered a couple more indentations that appeared to be small chips. I ran my hands slowly over the countertop and found a total of 7 "chips" . A couple days later I found another one. I have a total of 10 and my countertop isn't even a month old.I spoke with the installation company this morning and he told me he could guarantee that they weren't chips! Really?? Without even seeing it?? He asked how they would just randomly occur and if I was hitting the countertop with a hammer. I'm so frustrated! They are coming to replace my refrigerator door today as it was dented during the installation:( and someone will look at it then. I'm thinking maybe I should call Curava directly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• mwkbear
    8 years ago

Hi, So we've had our Curava Arctic installed over a year now (December 2014), and we haven't had any issues at all to report. I've been very happy with the durability and the surface as far as I can tell, is smooth. It's extremely stain resistant, which is great, because my SO loves pomegranites and fresh turmeric (I know...), so after he's done in the kitchen, it sometimes looks like an abstract painting on the counters. But, it's always cleaned up without any stains, so that's great. Sorry other people are having issues with their installations. Curava came highly recommended through our kitchen designer/contractor, but if I had heard about these issues, I might have rethought it.

• carolynscuts
    8 years ago

It must be more with the Savaii since it has shells in it?? This is all disturbing. I will say that we went to Lowe's yesterday and for all the counters and island, it came in around $4000 since they have 10% off until March 21st. So we are trying to decide by next week or pay more.

• carolynscuts
    8 years ago

There are pieces of shells all through the coutertops in Savaii!

• kfolven51
    8 years ago

Wow! I did not know that! I was told that it was all recycled glass. The installer looked at it today. He said it looks like it didn't cure properly and sending a report in to the repair/ replacement department.

• carolynscuts
    8 years ago

Check out curava.com. It states it on their website. :) I believe Savaii is the only one that has the shells. That is the reason we picked it. For the beachy look. That's what the shiny silvery and red flecks are from. (shells)

• kfolven51
    8 years ago

Those are the spots that are coming apart.

• carolynscuts
    8 years ago

That's why it's just the Savaii mostly having problems. But that's what I like about the Savaii!! :( UGH!

• Josh B
    7 years ago

FYI lowes doesn't install countertops. I didn't buy from curava but the company that installs them for lowes. It was about $500 cheaper including the discount I get when using lowes card. Also installer gave me more edge options free of charge which was huge for me because I have a ton of exposed edges. Still no resolution I keep being told someone will contact me. Luckily I inly paid half so far. I love the wheat color it never gets dirty just so irritated by the chips. Maybe it didn't cure right but installer said its normal... Or one of their people did

• carolynscuts
    7 years ago

Nice! I was told you had to pay all upfront. We're working with a cabinet company now that will do our cabinets as well as has Curava. They will charge us $80 a sq ft including edges and install as opposed to 70 that doesn't include install and edges. I'm hoping dealing with a Kitchen place that is regarded highly on Houzz, will make the difference. It's GREAT that you haven't paid it all yet. Maybe worth dealing with at that price? :)

• durango118
    7 years ago

Hi Josh B, not sure where your Lowes is, but at ours in NV, you purchase through Lowes, pay Lowes and they have several installers that they use to install. You never pay a 3rd party, only Lowes. I was really considering the Curava, but after this thread and the cost I was quoted form Lowes, I decided to go with granite. It's going in this Wednesday. Hope you get a satisfactory solution Josh. I'm pretty sure Curava won't any type of negative publicity. Please keep us posted !

• Josh B
    7 years ago

I would think you could probably go direct with any Lowe's, the people who install it usually have their own companies. It could be different in different areas. Yes I would be fine with paying half and in a couple years going to granite, luckily I didn't redo my cabinets and kind of want to do that down the road anyway. I personally wouldn't go with Curava again but that's pretty normal. My parents in areas that aren't around the sink are really nice and smooth like countertops should be. So there's is a wear issue and I would imagine a lot of people don't experience that. I don't think mine will get considerably worse it was a defect from the beginning. I would be shocked if people actually lived with counter tops like this, at first my parents thought mine were fine until they felt one chip and then another, plus they are fairly sharp because it's always near the glass. I do hope they can fix it though, you could literally leave a banana peel on the counter and not notice it. I've never had counter tops hide dirt as well as this one. Also with Lowe's if you use their credit service technically you won't be paying for anything, which I almost did for that reason. But half isn't bad.

• Josh B
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Unfortunately the situation was never able to be resolved. Curava sent out a side company to fix the chips and they were only able to do the larger ones. The side company had me sign something on an electronic device similar to when you sign for UPS saying what he did was good. And I signed it because one I didn't want him to feel like he wasted a couple hours of his time and two he was a nice guy who was not responsible for the problem. But the countertops still had tons of tiny chips and scratches and my wife could not tell the difference. Well Curava said I signed away that I don't hold them responsible for the countertops which basically mean there is no warranty. Like I said earlier my parents were having a seperate problem with coating coming off the counter tops, totally different than my issue. Curava's stance was they sell 100's of these so how is it I'm having this problem and my response was the only 2 people I know my parents and I had problems with the product. Their response was exactly, "maybe there is a problem with your family." The installer was great and worked with me to help resolve whatever they can. I highly suggest anyone looking at Curava think twice. Even the person who came out to fix it was shocked at the chips and said he would not buy that product and suggested a replacement for me. Unfortunately my only recourse at this point is to try to make sure the word gets out and people stop using their product. If you want to deal with customer service that tells you maybe your family is the problem, then Curava is the company to go with. They never once acknowledged that the product has a normal deviation and chip pattern to it, this will happen again until they start practicing honest business.

• durango118
    7 years ago

Oh Josh B, that's really lousy. I cannot believe that Curava did not have the decency to just replace the counters. The only thing I can think of is that somehow you and your parents got a bad batch, or the mixture wasn't right or the temperature was wrong or something to that affect. With that being said though, this thread is what caused me to go with granite, which I had installed on April 6th. The thought of spending all that money and having to deal with what you did was pretty scary. My sister in Massachusetts has the same counter top as you and I loved it as well. I love my new counters, and honestly I don't think I would recommend Curava any longer considering their response to your issues. Hopefully they'll see this thread and take note...

• PRO
    Curava Recycled Glass Surfaces
    7 years ago

Thank you all so much for all of your posts and feedback, and thank you for making Curava such a success with thousands of countertops installed nationwide in both commercial and residential applications! For more info please visit our Characteristics page online at curava.com/product/characteristics. Thank you again!

• debvollmer
    7 years ago

I have been looking at countertops for a year trying to make sure I make the right choice. I love the look of the Mocha as my kitchen has more of a beige/cream color and counters with a white base would not look right. I have cabinets that are oak and were stained an orangy color with shiny top coat and I hated them. I bought the Rustoleum Cabinet Refinishing kit (which comes in many colors and only cost $79 for my entire kitchen and I have 20 ceiling height cabinets and 7 drawers) and now my cabinets are a chocolate brown and the kit has several steps and coats of different colors of paint and stain so that it looks like wood grain. I love them and saved thousands of dollars by not buying new cabinets or refacing.

I currently have a creamy colored ceramic tile on my countertops and backsplash up to the bottom of all cabinets. I plan to get the Mocha countertops and then use a light teal blue glass subway tile (to pull out the blue chips in the countertop) in a staggered pattern to cover the bottom 12x12 ceramic tile on the wall (so I don't have to break all those tiles to remove them) and put a trim at the top of the blue tiles to make a separation from the remaining creamy ceramic tiles I will leave up to the cabinet bottoms. I can't wait to get started.

The only place near me that sells the Curava is Lowes. I got a price quote from them and at $64/sq foot, and I need 30 sq feet, with installation included but extra prices for removal of my current countertop and reinstalling sink, my total quote was $2300. That price was with the Curava on sale at Lowes 10% off. I am now waiting for it to be on sale 20% off like many of the other types of countertops often are and then I will jump on it.

I went to the Curava web page, curava.com, and learned a lot about the countertops. It is an interactive web page that has beautiful pictures of finished rooms. There is a place at the top of the page, Customer Service, to click and look at close ups of many of the color choices as well as pics of finished kitchens. There is also a place at the top to look at care instructions, which say there is no sealing necessary and to just wipe with soft cloths and wash with soap and water when needed but to avoid using any chemicals on it. It also said this about the warranty: "Curava Corporation warrants our surfacing material will be free of manufacturing defects for a period of 15 years from the date of installation. After Curava Corp and any of its authorized agents or fabricators verify that there is a manufacturing defect within the warranty period, Curava Corp will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the defective material. Replacement is limited to the replacement of the slab(s) necessary to substitute the defective material."

I also read about the possibility of nicks or chips in the countertop. They said, "As a result of the manufacturing process, small voids may appear on the surface of Curava, approximately the size of a pin head. Typical depths of these voids are less than 1 mm and do not affect the integrity of the slab or have impact on the overall porosity of the material." My guess is that is their way of ensuring that they will not have to replace a countertop that chips as they have forewarned us. As long as the "voids", or chips, are as small as they say and not sharp, I don't expect it to be a problem.

Check out their website and get all the information you need as well as the ability or order samples of the different colors available. They have more choices than I saw at the display at Lowes. Unfortunately the samples are the same size as the display at Lowes, 4"x4", and that doesn't give you enough to really see how a slab would look since it is such a small sample. Lowes does not have an entire countertop done in any version of the Curava so I am looking for someplace that does have a better display so I can check it out more thoroughly.

I will check back another time to see pictures of your finished products and post mine when I get it finished. Good luck all.

• CarolPa
    7 years ago

carolynscuts, I am curious if you ended up with the Savaii? I absolutely love it too but am concerned about the divets.

• m_gabriel
    7 years ago

FWIW, I am waiting on a Savaii install in the next 3 weeks. I have not seen my particular slab(s) but I did see a large remnant at another fabricator and it was no different than the small sample. I think the mix of greenish glass and grayish glass may vary so we are waiting on our backsplash until we see it installed.

• CarolPa
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

m_gabriel, I was also wondering about the mix of greenish and grayish. The samples and slabs that I have seen have a fair amount of green, but most of the photos I've seen look much more gray. I'm looking forward to hearing about yours. (I'm hoping for more greenish!)

• m_gabriel
    7 years ago

CarolPa - our kitchen is taking FOREVER so we are still a few weeks out from getting countertops in place. However, due to last minute 2nd guessing, our fabricator was nice enough to pull out a big 60x60 slab of Savaii so I could take another look. It was really beautiful and much of the glass did read more green than gray but the overall effect was neutral and could go with warm or cool scheme. Everything else in our kitchen was shifting cooler and online pics made me worry that the Savaii would skew "beige" but it was light and bright just like I had hoped. This was viewing in a good amount of natural light.

• m_gabriel
    7 years ago

CarolPa - counters went in today! They are really pretty. Ours came in definitely very green in terms of the proportion of glass colors. My pictures may not be as true to life - the counters read very light and bright in real life. The pic against the wall is to show color vs. SW Glimmer, which is a very light blue/green (but looks oddly gray here). Against the white sink, the Savaii looks better than I expected. I think my pic, like other pics I saw online, make it look more beige than it really is. 2nd pic below is most true to life.

• Stacy Cantu
    7 years ago

Had curava savaii installed last Wednesday. Was so excited to finally have countertops that I didn't notice all the imperfections right away. I was expecting a "glass like" finish since the sample in Lowes felt smooth as glass. But it's not. I feel a raise around the seashell edges, have a few pitted areas and a small glass chip is missing on the edge. Feeling so discouraged now after reading that others have had some of these issues and being told they are "normal". Will see what my Lowes GC says when he comes by and I show him.

The chipped edge shows up in photos. The pitted areas don't show up in pics.

Hope this helps others to be cautious and ask lots of questions.

• m_gabriel
    7 years ago

I have some of that, too, Stacy. I had my expectations set correctly, having read some of the issues other people had, and decided to get it anyway because of how it tied everything together so well in our kitchen. I'm waiting on our fabricator to come look and see what can be repaired (but we have bigger problems and there is a slight chance the whole kitchen gets ripped out to start over so it may be a moot point). What the Curava website describes as normal is less than what you are experiencing - print those specs out to have on hand when the installer comes back to look. We have almost 60 square feet installed and about 3-5 spots where I can feel a chip, plus one shell that is "upside down" so I can feel the dip. The shell is all sealed and smooth so I personally don't mind that part. One of my chips is in the peninsula and you can see from the side that it does not have the same sealant/top surface. A couple of other ones are in the back of the kitchen where no one will see/touch them but I'm thinking the unsealed chips happened during fabrication and/or installation vs. during manufacturing. I got the impression this is a difficult material to work with. Overall, I'm happy with my countertops but you are right that it's not clear to people what they should expect.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 years ago

Get a Fillachip kit and follow the instructions. Those pits and chips will disappear. Better than superglue, especially for beginners.

• m_gabriel
    7 years ago

FWIW Stacy - fabricator came out today and filled/smoothed all my noticeable chips and it looks good.

• CarolPa
    6 years ago

Thanks so much for the updates! I have been speaking to fabricators who confirm it is a challenge to get it smooth. They recommend only a square edge. m, would you do it again? (I hope your other kitchen problems got solved.)

• CarolPa
    6 years ago

M and Stacy, I am also curious whether you found a backsplash to correspond with your Savaii.

• m_gabriel
    6 years ago

Hi! I love my Curava Savaii still. A square edge is what I wanted regardless so I can't speak to how it would work with a rounded edge. Almost always, if I wipe down the counters and feel something and think, "Oh no, is that a chip?" it's actually something stuck to the counter that cleans right off. Since the time the guys came out and fixed the chips, there have been several more that either I didn't notice the first time or that happened subsequently. They are very small and not one normal person would notice or care so I have not bothered to have anyone come back out - but they are definitely there and would be noticeable in a solid color countertop. I love that the Savaii is so pretty up close for the one who has to be slaving in the kitchen and that all the glass/shell pieces are different to keep it interesting but the overall effect from a distance is neutral and calming. I have not found a backsplash but that's because I did my floor in three colors of Marmoleum and I need just the right thing to pull it together. Glazzio Tile has a number of "just right" green glass tiles that coordinate well without going too green and plain white tile that reads gray or a very light gray also looks good. Picking up the shell pieces with tans would also look good but I have light birch cabinets and a lot of gray in my floor so I am trying to avoid more warm tones.

• CarolPa
    6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Sara Decker
    6 years ago

We are sellers/fabricators/installers of Curava. Great stuff. Good seller for us. 15 yr warranty. No callback issues/chips in the year we have been doing this. I recommend an eased or pencil edge. Bull/half and more decorative "fussy" edges just don't look right with this sleek, modern product. Further, the more complicated the wdge the more money and more liklihood of chips/cracks on ANY counter. It does look gorgeous with a curve and/or dramatic radius. We have had good luck with mixed tile backsplashes (tile/glass/metal) and doing a full backsplash with the Curava.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

Making a living in the countertop repair business, I can only recommend a pencil edge for shelves, not countertops, no matter the material.

• scubaqwn
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Does anyone
    have a recommendation for using a sealant or something else to make the
    counters have that smooth glass finish like I was expecting. We had Curava Wheat counters installed in July. I love the look however very disappointed in the end result finish of the counter tops and very concerned about the durability and longevity of the
    Curava. The samples we had obtained were glass smooth with no imperfections. From
    the get go we had issues with numerous "chips" in the glass in the counter. The Curava website said there “could be some small 1 millimeter pinhole imperfections” in the surface. My husband called Curava and was told the same “there could be some” 1 millimeter pinholes imperfections. However I would not consider a persons’ fingers "catching" or have "sharp edges" when you run you hand over the counter as pinholes. There are a places where I am truly concerned that I or someone else could cut them self. The areas we had and still continue to have are bigger than a1 millimeter pinhole size. Upon installation we had over 2 dozen “chips" in just one 6ft counter bar section. I know there were that many as I marked them with painters tape to show our contractor. The contractor was great and went over the counters filling all the chips with epoxy however it did not achieve the finish of the samples we had. After 4 months of use I have noticed more “chips”. Our counters do not get heavy use as it is only my husband and I nor we do not
    do a lot of cooking. When cleaning my counters it feels as if there is food stuck to the counters because of the roughness due to the chips. Is there any product that can be used to get a smooth finish other than trying to fill each of the chips individually?

• PRO
    The Decker Group
    6 years ago

I would speak directly with your fabricator on this. Using an unapproved product may void your 15 year warranty. I would also contact Curava and find out if there were any production issues with that particular run, it is a man-made product, so that is a (slim) possibility. It is also possible your fabricator did not take good care of the slabs or they were in some way damaged prior to install. Step 1 - read your warranty documents. Step 2 - Make sure you completed your warranty directly with Curava via their website. Step 3 - ASK the fabricator/installer if applying anything voids the warranty Step 4 - Confirm with Curava if it does/does not. We have installed a lot of this product and what you're describing does not get with our experience. It has a 15 year warranty and we have had 0 issues as you have described.

• pjhedrick
    6 years ago

Very glad to have read through these comments. 1) This company is not standing behind their product and is using deceptively "perfect" samples to increase sales. 2) Having contractors shill as to how good it is? LOL Nope - not taking the bait. Too bad though, the photos are lovely.

• davileen0506
    6 years ago

Since we are thinking about a Curava countertop, I am reading these postings with a great deal of interest. Sad to hear about the chipping, however.

That said, is anything really bulletproof? Our daughter had granite countertops installed about a year ago. It's Brazilian granite, black/white/red swirly flows and chips showing and lovely silver sparkle chips here and there. Well, didn't one of those lovely sparkles decide to pop out. Of granite, the countertop of choice because of its durability (sealed, which hers is).

So plastic is yucky, quartz pits, curava chips, and expensive granite .. well, it can chip, too. Right now I am at a total loss! Maybe I'll just stick with "cheap" HDLaminate and be done with it, eh?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

davileen0506:

Chipping is correlated with edge profile selection. The more round the profile, the less the chipping. Corian and other solid surfaces chip much less than stone or engineered stone, so the more plastic, the less chipping too.

• m_gabriel
    6 years ago
    We have had our Curava Savaii counters for almost a year and a half now and I have no complaints. Small chips at time of install were fixed by fabricator with no problem or any way to tell - finish is glass smooth.
  • scubaqwn
    6 years ago

If wanting to go with Curava I would HIGHLY recommend you get with your fabricator to select the slab you want. I want to believe (as I love the way it looks) the slab that was purchased for our project was a "quality" issue and not polished/finished the way it should have been. As I mentioned before, the samples you get are nowhere near the same as the product we received. Go see and "feel" the slab before you buy it. We haven't had too many "chips" occur since my husband and I have been using it related to every day use but I will say we are very careful. We have learned our lesson and will check out any slab before we purchase it.

• jstlawrence
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We just had Lowe's install Curava countertops as part of our kitchen reno yesterday and they look great. Looking at the website I think we picked "Element" as the glass is predominantly green. We did a fair amount of reading and thinking about various types of counters and thought recycled glass was a cooler version of the now ubiquitous "quartz" surface, as both combine solid materials with a resin binder. We like that style because it gives a sleek modern vibe and doesn't require sealing. We're in Florida, so the "terrazzo" look resonates here as well.

After the install I wiped them down and felt for pits or imperfections and did not find any. They're quite glossy and slick. I hope they're as durable as the company says -- the installer told us they're tough ("Use a cutting board, but you'll dull your knives before you damage these.") Ha -- probably an overstatement, but it's encouraging to hear. If they wear poorly, I'll amend this comment, but so far we're very pleased. They're obviously quite an improvement on our 31-yr-old laminate/MDF counters that were literally falling apart.

• m_gabriel
    4 years ago
    They look really pretty! We have a similar color scheme with light wood cabs and Curava and we like it very much. Enjoy!
  • Brandy A. Chambers
    4 years ago

We had Curava's wheat color installed when we did our kitchen 4 years ago, and overall are very happy with it, but we do have some chips-- in a few places, the larger pieces of glass broke. I contacted Curava and they said they would come re-seal the countertops, but I never bothered actually doing it because the chips just aren't that bothersome. We chose the counter mainly for sustainability reasons, though like jstlawrence I appreciated that they were something different than quartz. Overall I'd do it again.

• marilynjeanabrams
    3 years ago

I have had my Curava countertops with no problems until two days ago. Completely my fault. A glass bottle fell from my highest cabinet, 4+ feet, and dropped to the floor. I thought I got lucky because the bottle of dressing didn’t break. I noticed last night there is a tough edge on my counter. I’ll got to Lowes to see if they have a recommendation to try to fix. It doesn’t really show, but it feels rough

I get so many complements on my counters. I paired them with a dark wood island and have grey glass railroad tile as back splash with black cabinets. We love the completed look!

• Sherry Varner
    3 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I have had the Savaii Curava recycled glass for about 3 years, and I love it. Initially it had a few little nicks in it, but the installers or fabricators filled them in (maybe with epoxy?), and the surface is very smooth. They had to make a correction on the corners (they had made them square instead of rounded, as I had requested), but they had no problems fixing this, and they look beautiful. I also have it around my stainless steel sink—works great. We have a lot of counter space. The counters are durable and easy to clean. I love the little seashells, and I have received many compliments on this choice. It wasn’t cheap, but it was worth it. We bought it at Lowe’s. I want to add—there are a still few tiny pits that have been there since installation (only noticeable when you feel them—the fabricators may have missed them), no more defects have shown up in the 3 years we have had this countertop. I’m convinced Curava is very durable. We just bought some clear epoxy and a scraper to fill in those little pits, since my husband and I tend to be perfectionists.

• Laurie Eldridge
    2 years ago

I am doing gray upper cupboards and maritime blue (darker blue) bottom cupboards. I have picked out the curava Arctic and am wondering what is the best recommended edging and what have people picked for backsplash? My flooring will be a darker gray to match upper cupboards and tie it all together. I haven’t had the countertops installed yet and any recommendations would be helpful & appreciated! Also would like to know how well the countertops (especially Arctic) have held up over the years!

• Alexis Mastronardi
    2 years ago

Hi Laurie, I just selected Curava Arctic too. They haven’t been installed yet and I still have time to select the edging. I read through this whole thread and I want to make sure I pick the edge that is least likely to chip. Sounds like people are saying the more rounded edge, the better. What edge did you choose for your arctic countertop?

• John St. Lawrence
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We paired our green Curava with a translucent pale green subway tile backsplash and couldn’t be happier. Countertops are holding up great 2 years in. Enjoy!

• Dee Turner
    2 years ago

Our Lowe’s has a very small Curava display but told me today they've never sold any. That makes me a tad antsy. i will see if I can find an installer in our area who has. Also, has anyone installed it with an existing backsplash?

• cgarcia53
    2 years ago

I DO NOT RECOMMEND Curava. I had Curava Savaii installed seven years ago and it has been nothing but trouble. Very soon after installation the surface started changes and the shells began to expose causing a very pitted. bumpy and not sanitary surface. I have been trying to get Curava to honor the warranty and all I have gotten so far is a song and dance! The warranty is a lie and they do not honor it! I first contacted Arizona Tile which is where I purchased it and they contacted Curava and all they got was the run around as well! Arizona Tile no longer sales Curava for good reason!

And Curava is very sneaky, The pitting information never appeared anywhere on their website until people like myself started complaining and then they added the disclaimer about pitting to try to cover their asses!

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living