Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curava countertops?

Posted by katlynnlily (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 23:10

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Curava countertops? We will be replacing countertops in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms and are considering all options. I liked the look of Curava (the color Savaii in particular) and I'd like opinions from real people. The Curava website gives them high praise, of course, but this surface is new to me. Is it as durable and easy to maintain as they claim?Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curava countertops?

Boy I love this forum. I have learned sooo much from gw-ers. Katlyn, I've always referred to these tops as simply recycled glass, but thought they were much more expensive than what curava advertises. They're beautiful, esp. the savage color you've chosen. Anxious to hear from someone who has them installed. Thanks.

o

I've been eyeing this product too...but know nothing about it.

o

Someone posted in an IKEA kitchen thread that they were going with the Curava counters. I posted back asking for price, etc but got no reply. Maybe that member will show up again with photos someday...

o

My kitchen has Curava Savaii! I love the counter! We have had it for one year and it is as good as new with absolutely zero maintenance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Curava Savaii Kitchen

o

Majra -- I missed this reveal. It looks great! Do you remember PPSF for the Curava?

o

Majra, Thanks so much for replying. Your countertops and backsplash are exactly what I had in mind and they look great! I'm glad to hear that you've been happy with your purchase. I've narrowed down my selection to Curava or quartz, but haven't found much info on the Curava.

I have oak cabinets and white appliances and think the heavy wood grain in the cabinets would be too busy to use with granite. I want a classic white, clean, quiet, look in my kitchen, which you've captured perfectly.

Judging by the comments so far, other people are also interested in Curava counters...but they are also looking for more feedback. If anyone stumbles across more info, perhaps they'll post a link? I'd appreciate it.

ChrisInSD, I was in Lowes yesterday when I spotted this product and picked up a brochure, but failed to write down the price. I remember thinking it was comparable in price to granite, but will check it again and post the price when I know for sure.

Kathy

o

Thanks Kathy. They don't seem to sell it at the Lowes in my area...

o

There was an abrasive type A dude on here who bought his from Lowes and had a horrendous experience with hem. Can't remember his user ID though. Hard to tell if his issue was from incorrect expectations, poor workmanship or just his general inability to be satisfied with anything.

o

On the curava site you can put in your zip code and the nearest distributor comes up. Unfortunately, for me the closest is 2 hours away:(
Katlynnlily, why not post some pics of your space and your choices and get some feedback. You're lucky to have the curava available locally. I like that majra says it's no maintenance, plus it looks great in her space.

o

Thanks for the compliments. I'm sorry I don't remember the pricing exactly, but I know that it wasn't outrageous. I thought we were going to get quartz, but the samples looked very blank on my long peninsula. The recycled glass flecks are larger than what you see in quartz products, but the counter still reads basically solid w flecks from afar. I still find it fascinating to look at, and it's a great conversation piece too.

o

That locator claims the two places it's available at in my area are a tile store I've just spent $3,000 with and at Lowes. I've never seen it on display at either location, despite visiting these stores constantly in the final weeks of my remodel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here