Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light for over kitchen sink (pictures)?

Posted by lpalta (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 23:07

The light over our kitchen sink is behind a face board. It is rectangular and semi flush mount. It is constantly filling with lady bugs and/or flies. We are elderly and have a terrible time in taking down and cleaning to get rid of the little pests. Any suggestions and or pictures for lighting would be greatly appreciated.

Lucy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light for over kitchen sink (pictures)?

Pendant light?
 photo IMG_0232.jpg

o

I asked a short time ago and got no response. ::

I ended up just having them put a 4" recessed LED like the rest of them in their kitchen. Ours is visible. I thought I might like to highlight that it's different than the other circuit of 6 lights. I got a different 'insert' with nickel trim instead of white. I had ordered it. It's come in. I'm not sure yet if it's worth trying to change it out. I'll wait til most of the other elements of the kitchen come together.

I'd be happy to post a pic, but it's not that exciting. It's just a 4" recessed light with white trim at this point.

o

Lucy, how about a small pendant light? They are my personal favorite.
Home Depot has a "kit" super simple to swap out and you can snip the "cord" it hangs from to whatever length you need and then pick the shade from a dozen or so styles off the shelf or even more online.
It also takes a regular bulb that just screws in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Adjustable mini pendant

This post was edited by terri_pacnw on Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 23:16

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here