Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen (inside our pole barn) is finished!

Posted by slc2053 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 23:07

OK, this kitchen is not the fanciest one you'll see on gardenweb, but we're happy with it and it's part of a living space we built in our pole barn. This is our weekend place and we've very happy with the outcome.

Granite is Golden Musk...backsplash is American Olean Nouveau..and the accent tile is American Olean Park Avenue.

Cabinets were made by local Amish...cherry....Range is Frigidaire and fridge is Samsung.

Thanks for the advice, photoshopping, and guidance! Click on photo for link to album for more photos.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen (inside our pole barn) is finished!

It turned out wonderfully! Your countertop is just breathtaking. When I saw the title of your post, I got all excited..."oooh,oooh, it's that gorgeous granite with the wavy seam kitchen!" LOL.

o

Your counter tops are beautiful and I love your cherry cabinets. Thanks for sharing.

o

Simple and pretty. Perfect! :-)

o

It's beautiful. It wasn't what I was expecting when I read "pole barn", although I admit I have no idea what a pole barn is.

I love those pendant lights - what are they and where did you get them?

o

Fancy-schmancy. You did a fantastic job--you should be proud!

Enjoy your beautiful new kitchen!

o

You did a wonderful job. The granite is a great compliment to the cabinets. I remember your "curvy" installation from an earlier post. Enjoy!

o

Lovely, lovely! Please tell me, what's a pole barn?

o

Now I don't feel so ignorant for not knowing what a pole barn is. :)

Very nice kitchen. What is the water filtration faucet?

o

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love the granite and the cabinets! Would love to see more photos. Enjoy!

o

Looks pretty fancy to me!! Lovely...Enjoy it.

o

Thanks everyone! A pole barn is just a metal building...it's 60x40 and we turned about 1/3 of that into living space..the other is for storage, etc. It's amish built and we then insulated and drywalled it ourselves. We did 90% DIY on the inside living area. There is the kitchen which is open to a living room, then there is a bedroom and full bath. Here's a photo of the barn.

Pole Barn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here