Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soapstone in Michigan

Posted by spartans99 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 23:06

Can anyone recommend a soapstone fabricator in Michigan? Preferably someone in SE Michigan. We will likely tag slabs at Dwyer, but have yet to nail down a fabricator.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soapstone in Michigan

I used Blasius- I don't know if they do soapstone but my seams are very tight and hard to find or feel. I think they are near the tri cities but do a large number in SE Michigan.
They do the laser templates and were meticulous on the seams.
Mine is quartz. I know they do granite but you would need to call about soapstone.
I know other GWebbers have raves about them.
If you happen to be in A2 for art fair, let me know and if you want to see, you could swing by.

o

Contact Solid Surfaces Unlimited in Sterling Heights. I used to work there. Great people.

o

I second Blasius. They installed our counter and it is wonderful! Seam is almost invisible.
I didn't realize you were a Michigander Trebruchet!

o

heidihausfrau:

I did 46 years in Ohio, a decade in SE Michigan, and for the last 2 years have lived in Sarasota, Florida. (Gulf side, below Tampa.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here