Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ariadneo_gw

Granite - if it's not on the internet, does it exist?

AriadneO
10 years ago

Hello all,

I'm putting granite in my kitchen in preparation for selling my townhome. We have natural oak cabinets and flooring and white accessories. Because the space is relatively small, we wanted a light colored countertop and were thinking of using something like Bianco Romano. Simple enough, right?

Well, what gets interesting is that my friend recommended a fabricator who just re-did her kitchen and seemed very professional and not too expensive. I talked to him about my color selections and he mentioned Bianco Romano is rather expensive (true) and strongly suggested a color that was called Dallas White. I went to the warehouse to look at the granite and noticed the label also said Branco Dallas. It looked decent enough and was 30% less expensive, so I'm considering it.

The problem is, I tend to check all my granites online, to see photos, find out if it is popular, etc. But using Google, I can't really seem to find Dallas White granite, nor does the name Branco Dallas return anything. I searched the forums here and on Houzz as well - nothing. The fabricator claims this is because the granite is so common and popular and standard that no one bothers to post it online, but that seems like an unbelievable explanation to me. The only two sites that did mention Dallas White say its from Brazil, but then also have links to Chinese companies underneath, which of course makes me worry the granite's less "safe."

So has anyone heard of or used Dallas White? Or have you used a granite that just doesn't seem to exist on the internet?

Do they mine granite in Brazil and ship it to China for processing before sending it back here? Should that possibility worry me?

My instinct says to use someone else, but my husband says I'm overthinking this, which is why I wanted additional opinions.

All advice so appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone