Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SunnyAlberta's Finished Kitchen

Posted by SunnyAlberta (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 22:42

It has been a long road to finally get the end of building our home and designing the kitchen. I couldn't happier the way everything turned out. You will be happy to know that I have fallen in love with my creamy dreamy cabinets. I wouldn't not trade them in now. Thank you all who helped me a long the way. I couldn't have done with out all your advice. The only thing is not done is two of my pendant lights need a part each but it my might be 3 weeks till then so I decided to share my excitement now. Also, sorry about the picture quality. I only have my iphone as I can't find the computer cords.

Cabinets: Columbia Cabinets French White Permitter with Slate Island
Countertops: Ceasarstone Concrete Permitter and Nougat Island
Backsplash: Polished Venatino Marble Random Strips with Platinum Grout
Hood Fan: Kitchenaid with 660cfm blower
Double Ovens: Kitchenaid Convention
Dishwasher: Kitchenaid
36" Cooktop: Kitchenaid
Fridge: 36" All refrigerator Subzero
Freezer: Standup Fridrigaire Pro Series
Sink: 36" Kohler Smart Divide Vault Sink
Tap: Delta Addison
Floors: 8" Hickory Wide Plank
Pendants: DVI Lighting Essex Collection

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pantry (We just started moving in)
Photobucket

Freezer in pantry opposite of shelves
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SunnyAlberta's Finished Kitchen

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! I've seen pics here and there, (especially when you were so upset over the cabinet color)

It has turned out FANTASTIC! I love your pendants, your floor, everything. Your backsplash is gorgeous.

What size is your pantry? Is your freezer across from it? I think it looks kind of like Rhome's setup and I absolutely love hers. Looks like a walk-through? I kind of remember your floorplan, but don't remember the pantry part.

Hope you are enjoying that beautiful space, and so glad you ended up loving the cabinet color. I think it looks magnificent.

Congratulations to you and your family!

o

See?! It turned out fabulously after all! But the best part is that YOU love it! Hooray for happy outcomes!

Envious of all your pantry storage, and that tile is TDF. I know I'll be back to look longer once the kids are in bed. Thank you for sharing it with us!

o

The pantry is through the door by the fridge and yes it is a walk through. On the left side is the standup freezer and to the right is the pantry storage. The pantry is about 12 x 6.5 feet.

o

Absolutely lovely !! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

o

Beautiful!! You did a fabulous job! I love your floor and will be interested how you like it in several months. There is just so much to love about your kitchen. Your pantry is amazing. Ohhh pantry envy here. Enjoy it all!

o

Sunny, it's a beautiful kitchen, no doubt. The tile took is what made me stop scrolling and just look. Wonderful. The quieter star is your floor; really love it. Is it as rich and rustic as it appears to be in the pictures?

And on a practical note, we all value a nice pantry!

o

Another beautiful white kitchen. Congratulations.

o

what a beautiful kitchen. Love the floor and backsplash. You must be thrilled to have it finished and to be able to work in it.

o

Your backsplash is so mesmerizing. Is this what you used http://www.amazon.com/Bianco-Venatino-Marble-Polished-Random-Strip/dp/B0050DV2G8/ref=pd_cp_hi_0

They look so good with the grout.

o

Just gorgeous! Especially love those pendents and that BS! Enjoy your beautiful new space!!

o

Your kitchen looks really, really lovely. Those pendants are just perfect and really make the room. Great job.

o

Wow, very satisfying to look at, love the contrast. How wide are your ovens? They look extra large! Love the big windows, the tile, the lights, the glass uppers. Congrats!

o

Beautiful! The backsplash is gorgeous. Enjoy your lovely home.

o

This kitchen turned out lovely! It is so clean and fresh! I love that marble bs as well as the HUGE pantry!

o

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!

o

Really pretty! LOVE the backsplash and pendants!! Also... very cool pantry.

o

Wow...it is what I am visualizing for my kitchen which we just started working on! Can you give me a name for the floors as I'm about to give up on choosing one!!

o

You have created a beautiful space, I love the backsplash. What size is your island?

o

Very beautiful! I love your pendants! Love your cabinets, love your pantry and love your floor! Congratulations!

o

Gorgeous space!! I love the pantry space too. Wow how will you ever fill up all that storage space, between the cabinets and pantry amazing. Love this space!

o

Wow, turned out beautifully! You really nailed it. Gorgeous. Love the pantry.

Spell-check is so funny! It took me a long time to figure out that "permitter" meant "perimeter"! Got it now! :-)

o

Beautiful!! Where did you get your bar stools from?

o

Really lovely. You wouldn't want to leave the room! I love the pendants, sink, and floor, and I'm envious of that pantry. Everything just works together so well. Great job, congratulations!

o

Beautifully done!

Love the backsplash, your layout/space, that pantry (*sigh*), and those windows in the dining area--bring the outdoors in!

Enjoy!

o

Stunning! I loooooove it! Where did you get the backsplash? How many inches between your island and your stove top area? How big is your island? We are about to start our kitchen and I wouldlove to use some of your sameitems if you don't mind! Love it!

o

Great Job! love the backsplash and your floors!

o

It is really gorgeous! Just perfect. Congrats & Enjoy it!

Do share more details about that backsplash. Please tell me it is not the one that is only available at Lowe's in Canada....

o

Oh it's really lovely! What a gorgeous space! I love your backsplash- love the view too into your backyard. Enjoy!

o

Agree with all the above and super ditto on the beautiful tile that you chose. So pretty!

o

Thanks for all the nice comments. I love my new space. I went from a 1930 plywood kitchen with a 20 year old fridge,one small sink and a cheap electrical stove to my dream kitchen. I haven't used it much yet because we have busy getting settled. The hot weather has made my husband anxious to use his new BQ area so cooking has been at an all time low. Tomorrow I plan on breaking in with homemade pizzas. I used to have only tile counters to work with so I will be nice to be able to just use the counter to work the dough.

To answer some of your questions I got the backsplash from Tierra Sol and it is called Venatino Polished Random Strip. The link that lily posted looks like what I put in. I love marble but it was not practical for us with the kids on the farm so I used it as my backsplash.

Colorfast the floor is rustic. We have young kids so we wanted something with lots of knots and grain. It does not have a UV finish on it. I got it from Antique Impressions. It is from the Castillo Collection called Cadiz in 8". It is a deep reddish brown.

oldbat - The ovens are 30 inches.

mjocean - The island is 10.5 feet by 4.5 feet.

Patty -The stools are from a local store called Finesse Home Furnishings,

bd50mom - The island is 52" away from the stovetop. With the stove, sink and dishwasher all being in the one area we wanted extra space and I don't regret it. Steal away!

Once I find my cord I will post better pictures. We built right beside our other house so you would think it would not be hard to find it with the short move.

o

Thanks for all the nice comments. I love my new space. I went from a 1930 plywood kitchen with a 20 year old fridge,one small sink and a cheap electrical stove to my dream kitchen. I haven't used it much yet because we have busy getting settled. The hot weather has made my husband anxious to use his new BQ area so cooking has been at an all time low. Tomorrow I plan on breaking in with homemade pizzas. I used to have only tile counters to work with so I will be nice to be able to just use the counter to work the dough.

To answer some of your questions I got the backsplash from Tierra Sol and it is called Venatino Polished Random Strip. The link that lily posted looks like what I put in. I love marble but it was not practical for us with the kids on the farm so I used it as my backsplash.

Colorfast the floor is rustic. We have young kids so we wanted something with lots of knots and grain. It does not have a UV finish on it. I got it from Antique Impressions. It is from the Castillo Collection called Cadiz in 8". It is a deep reddish brown.

oldbat - The ovens are 30 inches.

mjocean - The island is 10.5 feet by 4.5 feet.

Patty -The stools are from a local store called Finesse Home Furnishings,

bd50mom - The island is 52" away from the stovetop. With the stove, sink and dishwasher all being in the one area we wanted extra space and I don't regret it. Steal away!

Once I find my cord I will post better pictures. We built right beside our other house so you would think it would not be hard to find it with the short move.

o

It is just gorgeous! Sunny Alberta is a perfect description, it is so bright with all the windows. I do love that pantry too.

o

Gorgeous! Your backsplash and floors in particular are stunning! Enjoy!

o

Is the name of backsplash BIANCO VENATINO MARBLE RANDOM STRIP MOS POL. I wasnt sure if this was it or not, because I couldn't get it to come up in the exact name you gave me. Thanks again! Still love it! Have a great weekend!

o

bd that is the tile I used.

o

Wow, that kitchen is stunning! I especially love the backsplash. Great job!

o

Sunny, Your kitchen is simply stunning! Does your marble backsplash really give off the rainbow of lights and colors in person as it does in your photos? They look pretty subtle close up but, oh, the long shot really shows the variation of colors, at least in the photo. Do tell...!

o

Your kitchen is beautiful! Can see why you love it! Enjoy!

o

o

o

Love your kitchen!! My cab & counter colors are the similar to yours so it's nice to see what mine will someday look like.

Can you post how you like your KA ovens and cooktop after you start using them?

And is your SZ fridge the flush install?

o

Finally on a non-work computer - Gorgeous!!! Can't wait to hear what you cook in that beautiful new kitchen!

o

Finally on a non-work computer - Gorgeous!!! Can't wait to hear what you cook in that beautiful new kitchen!

o

o

o

Love it, love it, love it!!!! It all turned out so nicely!!! Enjoy!

o

Sunny, I went and looked at your flooring and it's really beautiful. It's also nice that it has 2-3 sandings potentially because it's thicker.

Here is a link that might be useful: SunnyAlberta's flooring

o

I was away when you posted your finished kitchen, so I've just come across it now. It's lovely! Congratulations! I love your cabinet color.

o

Ooohhh, I missed this when you first posted too! So glad it got bumped up today by laurajane. A dream kitchen for sure. LOVE the backsplash and the pantry. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

mmhmm (another sunny, though lately somewhat stormy, Albertan)

o

Wow!
Not sure why my messages stuttered and repeated - sorry about that - but that is one gorgeous kitchen.
I'll take any part of it!
Love everything!!
What is your favorite part of the kitchen?

o

Your kitchen is gorgeous. What are the dimensions of the kitchen and dining space? Thanks!

o

That's beautiful!!! Really really great job!

o

Absolutely breathtaking!!!!! Just one quick question, if you don't mind - where did you get the shelving for your pantry?

Thank you and you must be so proud!!

o

Sunnyalberta - so I found your finished kitchen...and your island dimension (should have googled first). I don't see your kitchen dimension though - if you wouldn't mind sharing. Very nice space! Great idea putting the marble on the back splash for preservation instead of on the work surface. You get to have the look without the stress!

I seen snbtwins above has similar questions. Hopefully you are finished unpacking and see the thread bump.

Thanks!

o

Sunnyalberta - so I found your finished kitchen...and your island dimension (should have googled first). I don't see your kitchen dimension though - if you wouldn't mind sharing. Very nice space! Great idea putting the marble on the back splash for preservation instead of on the work surface. You get to have the look without the stress!

I seen snbtwins above has similar questions. Hopefully you are finished unpacking and see the thread bump.

Thanks!

o

Sunnyalberta-
Hi! I am a new member to GW, I absolutely love this site and the information it has giving me with our kitchen/entire main level remodel.

Do you know a Sherwin Williams or Ben Moore white paint that is comparable to the French White you used? Like a lot of people on this site, my biggest struggle in this process is choosing the right white. I will have the painter of course, do some sample boards, but I am still having a hard time narrowing it down for samples.

I love your kitchen (probably because it is very similar to what I am doing). White cabinetry, Ceasarstone Raven (perimeter counters), Bianco Romano (island granite), marble backsplash (same as yours). I keep flipping back and forth with the white color- one minute I am leaning towrards BM simply white to blend with the cool white/grey tones of the marbe and charcoal gray Ceasarstone, and the next minute leaning towards BM white dove or something more contrasting vs. matching. Then found out my painter uses Sherwin Williams and now I just have more to confuse myself with.

If you have any idea what BM or SW your cabinets may be close to, I would appreciate it.

Thanks! Your kitchen is gorgeous!

o

Love the pendants--they are just the right glitzy and tailored! The dark island looks really great too. Very very nice job!!

o

Just gorgeous! What color grout did you use?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here