Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmm6797

Classic white kitchen-what hardware besides bin pull?

cmm6797
12 years ago

Finding cabinet hardware is a lot harder than I thought. We have white shaker style cabinets, honed black countertops and a marble island. I'm looking for simple drawer pulls that aren't too sleek (not modern), that come in a range of sizes. Other than Restoration Hardware, I'm not finding many options. The posts on this forum have made me hesitant to buy the RH pulls. Any other suggestions/sources? Thanks!

Comments (13)

• michiganrachel
    12 years ago

I have white shaker cabinets with a walnut island and bianco antico counters. I went with the Amerock Kane pull and matching knob in weathered nickel. I like the simple look of it and like how it looks on my cabinets. It comes in a variety of finishes and a variety of sizes, including matching appliance pulls.

I think you could also find a plain knob to match if you wanted. I wasn't sure about the knobs at first, but I do like them and they feel good to grab.

I don't have a close up of them on my cabs, but here's some pics of my kitchen.

Here you can also see the appliance pulls on my fridge drawers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock Kane pulls and knobs

• Fori
    12 years ago

Rejuvenation has a nice selection as well.

Don't fear the RH pulls though. Aside from the ones that screw in through the front, I haven't heard of any problems. Okay, I did order 3 pulls from them and they came in with a mangled finish twice but RH was sweet and prompt about replacing them so I can't complain much.

• jalsy6
    12 years ago

The rh pulls are great-it's the screws that stink. That's an easy fix though, if you get different screws from the hardware store.

• Adrienne2011
    12 years ago

There's also Jeffrey Alexander, which can be found at various online retailers.

• jgopp
    12 years ago

Personally I have bin pulls and knobs mixed in my white traditional. I've seen all knobs used but I really do like the style posted above with the handle. Functionally I find those a bit nicer than the bin pulls as well but I really got hooked on the look.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

check good old Lee Valley. They have a very easy to use on-line catalogue.

• ginny20
    12 years ago

Maybe Berenson Hardware?

Here is a link that might be useful: Berenson Hardware

• annac54
    12 years ago

Belwith's Zephyr pulls are very similar to the Amerock Kane pulls, but I think just slightly heavier. They come in a range of sizes, as well as appliance pulls. We almost used them but decided to go with hardware with an antique finish instead. Our local Lowe's has them on display by the kitchen cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zephyr pulls

• newenglandladybug
    12 years ago

I got some antiqued pewter knobs and binpulls on ebay of all places from a place called cabinethardwareshop. Many of their products are geared toward classic/shaker style, and their prices were reasonable and delivery quick. See the URL below...

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay cabinet hardware link

• kateskouros
    12 years ago

the sky's the limit! in my white kitchen i have: bin pulls, straight pulls (3 different sizes), drop pulls, crystal knobs and simple round knobs. i thought i should stop there...

• sergeantcuff
    12 years ago

I really like the pulls and knobs I got from Horton Brasses. They offer a "dark antique" finish which goes really well with my soapstone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horton Brasses Kitchen hardware

• popmom2
    12 years ago

We just ordered the Amerock Westerly in graphite which has a slightly darker hue, but still metallic look. They also have in a satin nickle finish. I didn't care for their knobs as much, but I got mostly pulls in different sizes and found some pretty knobs through colonial brass for the couple knobs I will have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock westerly

• nini804
    12 years ago

We are building a classic white kitchen, and I am using knobs and pulls that aren't bin pulls. They are Jeffrey Alexander.

(Backsplash is really white, hasn't be grouted in this pic and looks off.)