Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atct86

Show me your Stained Wood Cabinets with Wood Floors

Andrew
14 years ago

I will be putting down quarter-sawn red-oak flooring in my kitchen, and thought be default, that white painted cabinets would be best. So please show me some stained wood cabinets and wood floor combination's to help me change my mind.

Comments (17)

• Maria410
    14 years ago

Here are mine. The primary wood in the kitchen area is red oak. I believe the dining area has oak and cherry with a very mixed wood border -- I am not sure as the floors are original to our 1920s house.

We tried to match the cabinets to the darker wood in the dining area floor -- the cabinets are cinnamon spice stained birch. Oops I need some new pictures as my new dining table (auburn stained maple to match the cabinets) and chairs finally arrived.

• ccoombs1
    14 years ago

I have unstained Quartersawn white oak floors (finished with waterlox so they do have an amber color) and stained red oak cabinets. I love the contrast!

• idrive65
    14 years ago

I have remilled antique white oak floors with oil-based poly, and light stained cherry cabinets. The floors have more variation than the cabs because they are a mix of flat, rift, and qtr sawn, but overall are similar in tone now because my cabinets have darkened a bit since this photo was taken.

It's funny how the "stuff" on a counter that is invisible to you in real life looks messy in a photo.

• ccoombs1
    14 years ago

Idrive, I love your floors!!!

• Andrew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

wow, those floors are nice. almost look like a chestnut or burled walnut.

• Circus Peanut
    14 years ago

Nutmeg stained cherry cabs with vintage fir floor:

• rnest44
    14 years ago

mairin, your kitchen is beautiful! Where did you get your cumaru and is it holding up well?

OP- Thanks for asking this question.

• megradek
    14 years ago

owls4me: We absolutely LOVE the cumaru. It's my DH's favorite part of the new house - and I had to convince him to go with this wood :) Our flooring installer got the flooring for us. It is supposed to be from a sustainable forest (I hope so, but unless I went to look at the forest in brazil, I wouldn't trust it!). So I don't know the 'brand' of cumaru. We just put coats of semi-gloss poly on it feeling like the coloring was dark enough and didn't want to cover all of the gorgeous variation that we fell in love with. The cumaru is holding up very well (we've only been in the house since April, so no long term info). It has withstood tons of banging and falling objects (thank you very much to my toddlers and my clumsy self!) without a single nick or dent - this stuff is HARD!

Let me give my GC a call to see if I can find out more info. If you are near the chicagoland area, the installers were incredible and would recommend them in a heart beat!

atct86: hope you are finding inspiration - you really can't go wrong with natural materials!

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

mairin, I LOVE your Cumaru floors. I love floors with color variation. What width is the board? They are stunning. Thanks for sharing.

• megradek
    14 years ago

lynn2006: they are 4" boards - thanks for the compliments :) I fell in love with this wood because of gardenweb!!

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Mairin, Thanks for letting me know they are 4" boards. That seems to be the width I love the best and wish an engineered wood floor I liked would come in that width. I really love your floor so much.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Here are some pics of wood stain cabs and wood floors.

{{!gwi}}

• Andrew
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anyone have any kitchens with quarterswn red oak?

Any Galley Kitchens?

• rubyfig
    14 years ago

Red oak, galley kitchen in progress. Greyish stain on maple cabs:

{{!gwi}}

boxerpups rocks!

• boysrus2
    14 years ago

Most of my kitchen is stained (cabs, trim, wainscotting in adjoining breakfast room and family room) with the only exceptions being the island and china hutch.

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

I just love all the beautiful kitchen pictures and all the floors! I am beginning to think I have eclectic taste and like so many types of kitchen. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH