Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mays802

Slide In Range and Splatter / Grout Staining?

mays802
9 years ago

Hello! We have chosen a marble back splash and are considering a slide in range. We love the clean look but will we have problems with staining on the grout and back splash?

Here is the frigidaire range...
http://www.frigidaire.com/Kitchen-Appliances/Ranges/Electric-Range/FPES3085PF/

Here is the back splash (white random venatino marble)...
http://www.lowes.com/pd_525994-93840-76-262_0__?productId=50048351&Ntt=marble+backsplash&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dmarble%2Bbacksplash&facetInfo=

Thank you!

Comments (8)

• silken1
    9 years ago

We have a slide in range and tumbled marble backsplash with a light coloured grout tho not white. I was worried too and started a thread here. A number of people responded by saying they never had a problem but most did seal it all after installation. We did too. I used two coats of a spray on tile and grout sealer and it seems very water and stain repellent at the moment. We've only had ours since January but I do cook a lot and use the sink a lot. I have a 3 panel folding metal screen that I stand up occasionally if I am making something really messy at the stove-just as a precaution against a stain. To date everything has wiped off my backsplash with no effort and it looks like new.

• fishymom
    9 years ago

I have that exact model slide in range with bone tile and grout. I have not had a problem with staining, and because the large burner is in front, very few splatters make it all the way to the wall. Good luck with your kitchen!

• friedajune
    9 years ago

You could also do your venatino tile backsplash everywhere but just behind the range. Behind the range, do a stainless steel panel. It is a very professional look, and there have been several Kitchens Forum members who have done that. A stainless steel panel is also not that expensive. A nice option is to get the stainless steel panel in a pattern such as quilted or tiled. Martha Stewart did her studio kitchen with stainless steel panel in a tiled pattern behind the range, and grouted subway tile in the rest of the kitchen.

I will also link below an older thread on this topic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchens Forum Thread about SS Sheet behind Cooktop

This post was edited by akchicago on Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 8:28

• chrisinsd
    9 years ago

I really like that Martha Stewart stainless tile look...very classy.

• dodge59
    9 years ago

Well, I've had my kitchen for 8 years now.
    I've never had any problems with the grout on my backsplash.

Now why is that, (8 years is a long time), and no sealing has ever been done.

The reason is, "There is No Grout", Zip, Nada, None!!!!

We installed the same granite as a backsplash as is on the counters, Luv it and if we've had to clean it, I sure don't recall when that was.

Gary

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Well, in my previous home, I had no problem with grout on my tumbled travertine backsplash either, and I most certainly did have grout. Just seal it, and wipe it down with a sponge when something does get on it.

• mays802
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, everyone!