Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frameless overlay w/flush lazy susan doors-pics anyone?

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 22:17

Trying to find images of frameless cabs with any overlay drawers/doors that have a corner susan with the swing around doors attached to the susan instead of the bi-fold/hinged doors. I'm wondering how an 'inset' corner door will look with overlay drawer fronts. Although I had this in an old house of mine and I don't remember it bugging me. Course, I hadn't been on GW for 2 years at that time.

I can find plenty of images with the LS swung open, but none with it closed to be able to judge the appearance of the doors.

Anyone have this or have pics of this, please?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frameless overlay w/flush lazy susan doors-pics anyone?

Frameless -use the Hafele Suzi-Q. Same reveal as the other cabinets. I had this one look like it had drawers.

o

Thanks, I remember you posting this in another thread Jakuvall.

Now, do you have one of these personally? Just wondering how they perform over time. I do find the knobs on the sides a little odd looking.

o

Mine is 9+ yrs old and gets heavy use, adjusted it once. Took one out once that was 28 yrs and ruubed a little bu only really needeed adjustment. Have put in many.

Knobs look odd since I added drawer heads, otherwise they would be higher. You can use only 1 but then only can pull from one side. In use it is one handed sort of a pull to then center and release- I use my foot to brake it as it spins, get what I want, spin and walk away- it self closes.
Hafele has a video of it.

o

I did watch the video. How do you think the space stacks up against the regular doors-attached-to the susan type?

o

Space is slightly greater- attached pic shows 32" diameter pie cut (cross hatched) on top of Suzi Q shelf diagram

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here