Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mandkirswill_gw

What color white cabinets with carrara marble?

mandkirswill
10 years ago

I searched for any previous posts on this and surprisingly I can't find any. What color white cabinets have you used with carrara marble? My island is carrara and my perimeter counters are pietra grigio. My house is all in blues and greys. I have been told Ben Moore Super White and Chantilly Lace are good choices. I'm wondering what others have used. Thanks.

Comments (11)

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Here's another example of warmer white cabinets with the marble.

Here is a link that might be useful: cream cabinets

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

I have white cabinets - they are thermofoil, not painted, so they are a very bright white. I have blue pearl granite on my perimeters, but statuary (same color scheme as carrara) on my island. If I had a redo, I would have pushed for the marble in the entire kitchen! (I also have all blues and grays in my house.)

• Gooster
    10 years ago

I have Carrara on the backsplash and picked a color from my cabinet manufacturer called "Cotton White". It is a white with a grey undertone. The ceiling is BM Chantilly Lace, which is very close to the cabinet color. The counters are grey, however, and the walls a grey-green (BM "Spa")

• Ann Marie Spinner
    10 years ago

gooster- can you tell me what you have on your countertops? Don't mean to hijack the thread.

• kam76
    10 years ago

I am doing carrera and selecting the "white" from Aristocraft cabinets, the only other choice I have is antiqued which was very yellow. The white just looked better next to my sample, but I can see how you could pull it in with paint colors and other items in the room. I am more of a gray/blue/green girl myself.

deb52899 I am interested to know why you would do all marble if you could to it again. I was going to have different perimeter counters but I am being pulled to do all marble. Your kitchen is beautiful!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

cookingbuff: it is Piatra Grey quartz from Caesarstone. I was originally going with a Super White quartzite but turned out to be more of a marble, so I threw the marble on the BS.

It is interesting that Killam calls out one of the very same BM whites I ended up picking .

• pandora1
    10 years ago

My cabinets are BM Simply White with Carrera Marble backsplash. My countertops are Ceasarstone Raven.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Kam - If I could do-over, I would go marble all over just because I love it so much. That said, my blue pearl is pretty indestructible and when I need to knead fondant with red food coloring in it, I have no trouble doing that on the granite. I did forget and do it on my marble once. I wiped it up with Clorox Cleanup and had no issues at all (it is sealed). Yes, I have etches and scratches on my marble. I love it anyway - still love just touching it. It was a year old in May. Thanks for your compliment!

• lauratooley
    10 years ago

How has your Pietra Grigio held up ? Stains, scratches ? Is it sealed ? I love the honed slab I saw but my stoneyard called it slate ? so I am confused about the maintenance...What do you use to clean it ?
    Many thanks !

• lauratooley
    10 years ago

How has your Pietra Grigio held up ? Stains, scratches ? Is it sealed ? I love the honed slab I saw but my stoneyard called it slate ? so I am confused about the maintenance...What do you use to clean it ?
    Many thanks !