Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help! 24" apron front?

Posted by holly-kay (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 21:52

My DD is doing a refresh of her current kitchen, She has white painted cabinets that look great so she is keeping them as a whole reno is out of the question right now. They are putting cherry butcher block counters in and have a new induction cook top..

She has a hammered copper, drop in, single bowl sink that is a few years old. She is drawn to a farm house type kitchen and would love a farm style sink. The Kohler Whitehaven is what she wants but upon measuring her cabinet she found that it is only 24" and the smallest Whitehaven is 30".

I know the Whitehaven can be used over existing cabinets but I am not sure if she can use a regular farm house sink on an existing cabinet. Is this possible?

I have been looking on line and a 24" farm house sink isn't easy to come by and I haven't seen any in cast iron.

If you have a 24" farm house sink what brand and model is it? If you have a 24" sink that isn't a farm style sink but is an under mount what brand and model is it? What do you like or dislike about it?

She is the sweetest daughter in the world and I want to help her find the perfect sink! Thanks in advance for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help! 24" apron front?

Rohl makes the Shaw's original in 24."

Is she not liking the copper or having problems with it?

Here is a link that might be useful: One source-- can't say if it's the best

o

American Standard's DXV line has one! Its called the orchard sink. Can be installed several ways including undermount. Hope that helps!

o

American Standard's DXV line has one! Its called the orchard sink. Can be installed several ways including undermount. Hope that helps!

o

I have the Porcher 24" that is very similar to the AS Orchard. It is fireclay. I love the bevel on the front and the grid does a good job of preventing damage. Scraps do have a tendency to stay at the flat bottom, so a sprayer is ideal. It is also well-priced.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here