Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foodonastump

Hinges - match inside or outside?

foodonastump
10 years ago

This technically belongs on the bathroom forum I suppose, but for sake of traffic I'm posting here.

I replaced all the 1960's luan doors with solid core doors which will be painted white and will get brushed nickel knobs. Question: My main floor bath has rubbed bronze hardware and will therefore get rubbed bronze knob on the inside. Would you go with nickel hinges so that the hallway is consistent when the door is open, or rubbed bronze so that the hinge barrel is consistent with the rest of the bath when the door is closed.

Probably six of one half dozen of the other, and something that only I will notice, but I've been obsessing over this decision and am interested in your feedback.

Related question: My traditional master bedroom furniture also has bronzed hardware and our floor, ceiling and night stand light fixtures are finished to match. Would it be overkill to do the "bathroom thing" and have door knobs bronze inside and nickel out? (If I do this , I'll be consistent with my hinge decisions.)

TIA!