Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Here is a pic of the new seam sent from my iPad.

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

This looks near perfect to me.

Comments (25)

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

so much better!!!!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Towards the back the seam is so tight you can't see it at all.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

That looks great!

If they can do that kind of work, but chose not to, then that's a poor business model.

• CAGiselle
    10 years ago

Wow what a great job. I had to really look for it. 100% better

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

What seam?

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Looks great!

• Caya26
    10 years ago

Really nice - glad you got the re-do!

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Happy for you. Guess they thought you might be blind and not see how bad the first seam was. Good for you for not accepting it. Hope you will soon be putting in the finishing touches and revealing your kitchen.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

What a difference a seam can make! So happy for you and your lovely counters! Loving the granite.

• azmom
    10 years ago

1000% better!

williamsem, It was what I thought too.

So they need to be forced to do a good job instead of being proactive, how rediculous and immature!

• xc60
    10 years ago

Looks perfect, yay!!!

• localeater
    10 years ago

Congratulations. It looks wonderful.

• amykath
    10 years ago

I am so happy you got this resolved! That prior seam would have caused me sleepless nights.

It look fantastic now!!!! Perfect! Congrats!

Amy

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I'm glad your KD went to bat for you, and the fabricator did a fantastic job this time around.

Now let's see that kitchen in action!

• rococogurl
    10 years ago

Yes maam.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Whoa! Now that's what I call getting your needs met. And these were the guys who said they had no pieces left to correct the problem? Looks to me like they actually had its twin waiting to save the day. Other than the fact that the slab guys were morons to make the original bad seam and then give you the run around, at least a shred of their dignity was salvaged by this awesome match.

You go, holly!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am so happy with the new seam so I shouldn't beat a dead horse but REALLY, if they could do it perfectly the second time around they could have done it perfectly the first time around. It would have saved me a lot of mental anguish. I truly never worried at all about the fabrication as their reputation is top notch. They do most of the granite in very high dollar homes in our area. I could only recommend them with the caveat that the client is present during the templating process.

I believe that what happens there is that they are both the stone yard and fabricator. So the first person who has their granite cut from the slab lot gets near perfection. To save money they probably use pieces of previous slabs within the same lot so each person down the line has a lesser chance of a perfect job. I don't think that there is anything wrong with them using pieces, if that is indeed what they do, however they still need to make sure the job is right even if it means cutting into a new slab to get a good match. What makes me think this is what happens is that my saleslady told me they used two slabs for my job and using more slabs wouldn't have made a difference. I beg to differ but that is a story for another day.

Anyway the bottom line is I just need to let it go, move on, and be grateful that it's right!

• apinksweater
    10 years ago

Im so sorry you went through this- and Im glad you got it taken care of to your liking! It really does look so beautiful, especially with those cabinets!

Thank you for posting this! I am simply doing painting/ DIY right now as a band aide until I do my full remodel, and this has taught me what to look out for!

• chiefy
    10 years ago

I feel bad for the angst you went through -but wow! It does look great now. Try to take a deep cleansing breath and move on.

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

Looks great Holly--so glad it was resolved!

• frugalnotstingy
    10 years ago

That is one good looking seam! It doesn't even look like there is a seam towards the back.

Glad you had that resolved!

• ali80ca
    10 years ago

So happy for you Holly! Now you get to enjoy your work of art :)

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Wow! That looks awesome!
    I am so happy for you!

• Majra
    10 years ago

I am thrilled for you to have a positive resolution! Kudos!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. I am totally pleased with the way the counters look now!