Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help w/ paint color for cherry cabinets & Venetian Gold Granite!

Posted by kapanian (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 20, 11 at 21:38

Hi all! I've seen a few posts on this, but I have a bit more of a specific questino.

My husband and I are buildnig a new townhome and we just picked out the granite and cabinet colors. We went with Venetian Gold for the granite and Legacy Cabinet's "Cabernet" stain, which looks like a cherry. I LOVE the 2 together and have seen lovely pictures of some kitchens on here wiht similar combinations. However, I'm having a really hard time picking the paint from the limited choices we were given. It will go throughout the whole house, but I want it to go really nicely with the kitchen from the get-go. If you go to the link provided, you can see the paint choices we have. I can't decide between: Simply Tan, Shell White and Pale Portabella. I'm worried Simply Tan might be too...tan...and neutral (read: boring), 'm also worried that Pale Portabella might be too dark for the entire house, and I think Shell White might be too light/yellowy.

What do you think? What do you think would make the kitchen look the best?

http://www.mccormickpaints.com/catalog/subdivision/Caruso-Homes-Wilshire-Estates/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help w/ paint color for cherry cabinets & Venetian Gold Grani

The shell white looks golden. I have this tone of paint with Cherry furniture in my living room and it looks fabulous. I don't know what your granite looks like, so I'm not sure how it would work. Good luck!

o

I've not seen Shell White in person, but if it is slight yellowing, it will look really, really nice. I have the same cab/granite combo in my masterbath. I tried going for the slight yellow, but it didn't turn out quite right.

If you use the Shell White, could you post pics when you are finished?

o

I will post pictures when it's all said and done. I still can't decide! I asked the builder if he knew of any model homes with any of the colors on the walls so I can see it in person. It's too hard to choose from just a swatch in a binder! I've attached a link of the approximate granite and cabinet colors if that would help anyone with their opinion! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Venetian Gold Granite w/ Cherry Cabinets

o

Do youhave finished pictures? We are also doing Legacy's Cabernet cabinets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here