Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alison0707

Thanks for all of your help! Finished Kitchen Pics

alison0707
9 years ago

Hi all,

I got so many great ideas from this board I wanted to post the finished pictures of my kitchen renovation project. I really got so many great ideas and resources from searching this board. We love the new kitchen and are thrilled with how it came out!

Comments (47)

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

here is another

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

one more

• badgergal
    9 years ago

That is one super gorgeous, fantastic, awesome , lovely, beautiful etc., etc. kitchen. Don't forget to give us every detail. Any before pictures?

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Details, please!

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

i'll definitely post some before pics. cabinets are custom, shaker - white on perimeter and island and bar area are espresso stain. counters are all quartz. island is frosty carrina (which i love!) and perimeter counters are concrete color quartz. also really love the floors. they are a gray tile by signum with look of wood. my favorite part is that we replaced upper cabinets with three huge windows (middle is 8 ft and two on sides are 6). original kitchen had three smaller windows. most of the appliances are bosch - including double oven with warming drawer, induction stovetop (also love!) and dishwasher. put new panels on our 9 year old sub zero in hopes it will last a bit. pendants over the island are west elm. backsplash is a carrara staggered subway tile of various sizes and bar area is tiled with a crackled white subway. here is a pic of the eating area. table is from room and board. white quartz top and a gray stained leg. thanks!

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

one more pic

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

here is a before shot. kitchen was original (with the exception of a few of the appliances) to the home which was built in the early 80s.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Very nice! I love the windows :)

• kksmama
    9 years ago

Wow, what a beautiful remodel! I love the way you balanced the light and dark materials, the gorgeous backsplash, the wall of glass. Congrats!

• arkansas girl
    9 years ago

Pretty kitchen before AND after

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! Love your backsplash and everything you have done looks like it has been carefully planned out. It is just beautiful! Love the wall of windows!

• flwrs_n_co
    9 years ago

What a beautiful renovation! I too love the proportion of light to dark; and all the windows are amazing! But the best part is all the room you have and that wall of storage--that's what I dream about. Thanks so much for sharing, and enjoy your new kitchen!

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks! We actually loved our before kitchen - was roomy and bright but appliances were breaking down and cabinets coming undone. we would have never considered white cabinets before but after having such a bright kitchen we needed to keep it light and bright. the new windows and straighter lines help make it look and feel even bigger. We are loving it and my boys loving sitting at out new island since the old one was never little boy friendly :)

• dreamgarden
    9 years ago

Really nice reno. The before pics weren't offensive, but I like how you kept the counters light while darkening the cabinets. Gives it a sleek modern look.

Bigger windows are a real treat. Any plans for bird feeders?!

• Amy Sumner
    9 years ago

So lovely! Love your windows (if you happened to see my reveal last week you know we are kindred spirits!). Your space is just stunning. Congratulations on a beautiful kitchen!

• Sms
    9 years ago

Wow amazing transformation! Great job enjoy

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Beautiful transformation! Love the windows and how bright space is

• texasgal47
    9 years ago

What's not to love in your new kitchen? It's really breath taking. I especially like that you chose the dark counters with the white cabinets and the textural backspash that so elegantly marries those two colors. But what I'd really like to know is how you manage to do any cooking with those gorgeous views. Best wishes for enjoying this lovely space for many years to come.

• eam44
    9 years ago

It's lovely - enjoy it in the best of health! And consider posting it for posterity on the finished kitchens blog. It's inspiring to see such a beautiful space.

• marykh
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing.

• brightm
    9 years ago

I'm not always a fan of two different color cabinets. Yours is my favorite I've seen, it looks great! Love the pendants/globes. And it looks like you've not only got beautiful new windows but a great view out them too. Well done!

• Evan
    9 years ago

Looks really great! What a fantastic view! I envy your garden

• Linda
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Very classy. You must love it.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

Wow, wow and double wow! It is magnificent and perfect in every way! You must be in 7th heaven! So modern yet soft and all those windows are just fabulous. Enjoy!!!

• chedanemi
    9 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! Absolutely gorgeous.

• schicksal
    9 years ago

Nice job, aided by a great house to start from!

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

Fantastic makeover! All that storage must be wonderful and I love your mix of light and dark.

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

I have to say, those windows are also my favorite part! Absolutely beautiful all around!

• homebuyer23
    9 years ago

Soo beautiful, I love everything! Especially the windows, your fridge, and the furniture and seating you chose, the clean lines and light/darks go great with the finishes you chose. Congrats!

• Lisa
    9 years ago

So, so pretty. Especially LOVE the windows and the backsplash!

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

Beautiful! I love all of the windows! Do you miss your upper cabinets?

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for all of the positive responses.

I truly love my backyard and in the years that we have lived in the house prior to this renovation I have always thought that it would be great to have an unobstructed view from the kitchen (where i spend SO much time!)

The cabinet designer did think I was a bit crazy when I said I didn't want any upper cabinets on the outer wall but we are lucky enough to have a very large kitchen and even without the upper cabinets we have much more storage then we did with the old cabinet. Not sure it is clear from the picture but we still have three upper cabinets - and one of them is huge (fits all my everyday plates, bowls, glasses, etc)! So I don't miss them at all!

I think keeping them clean will be the biggest issue :)

Thanks again all -

• jaynes123_gw
    9 years ago

My build is covered with huge exterior windows, verticals, but I dont have anything close to that gorgeous view of those stunning horizontal picture windows.and the octagon corners make it even more so.

Just wow!, Huge fan of white cab/ black tops but love how you did black cab / white top not just island but that section of cabinets. Its like its own accent wall.

Its touches like these that really make a gorgeous room wonderfully unique, you must be in heaven over it.

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Lovely, Lovely space! So serene and peaceful. Love the windows- Mother Nature provides perfect pop of color. Enjoy!!

• nmjen
    9 years ago

What a beautiful space! I love the pendants and the backsplash especially, but it all works together so well, and those windows are fantastic. Congratulations on your gorgeous new kitchen!

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Lovely, clean, bright, and inviting.... love it!!

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

Really pretty! Both kitchens.
    Not only do I love your windows, (I have HUGE windows everywhere) but I really love that bank of white cabinets. A pantry?

Enjoy! It's beautiful.
    Oh - love your pendants!

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially the huge bank of windows!

• romy718
    9 years ago

I especially love the sleek white countertop on your dark island. The windows & view are beyond gorgeous. I'd love a closer look outside those windows? The backsplash is perfect with all your other choices, so hard to do.
    Beautiful kitchen-enjoy.
    Edit:back for another look. Love the floors. Is the white crackle tile beveled?

This post was edited by romy718 on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 11:50

• feisty68
    9 years ago

Very successful! The new floors really freshen things up. The pendants add interest without being too fussy. What a fantastic space.

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

Love your lovely huge windows. Good for you sticking to your guns about having windows instead of more uppers. It looks so bright and inviting!

Quick question for you, I see your 45 degree angled cabs don't appear to have fillers. My KD made me have 3" fillers on each side of the angle and I hate them and feel they are completely unnecessary. I am going to show her your pictures. Do you have any filler in those angles at all? And can you open your doors and drawers okay? I would really appreciate your experience.

And enjoy that gorgeous kitchen!

• alison0707
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Again,

CEFreeman - yes, the white tall cabinets are pantries. I love them - especially all of the pull out - shelving. The cabinet closest to the far wall is a broom closet which is also great to have in the kitchen.

romy718 - yes - good eyes! The crackled tiles are beveled.

Skyangel23 - So, I'm not sure if this is technically a filler - but the cabinet base is a bit wider at the corners to allow for the cabinets and drawers to open successfully. Don't think they are quite 3 inches and I think the way that my Cabinet company designed and installed (I know it wasn't easy) the additional spacing is really not noticeable. Everything opens easily, obviously drawers and cabinets need to be closed before the adjacent cabinet can be opened but I have not found it to be an issue at all and I appreciate how well the awkward space was used.

• cinjos
    9 years ago

What a beautiful space! You could have cardboard boxes and it would be stunning with all those windows! You did a gorgeous job. What a treat to have that wall of pantries. I think I drooled a little on my keyboard...

Enjoy in the best of health!

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

Alison,
    Thank you so much. That looks way less than 3" to me, and your cabinet company did a great job. Enjoy your wonderful kitchen!

• homeimprovementmom
    9 years ago

Great! looks lovely.

• mays802
    9 years ago

One of the nicest kitchens I have seen!

• lentilpie
    9 years ago

With those windows I would be FINDING dishes to wash! I don't think I would ever leave that sink. I am beyond jealous...