Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gutting kitchen and so many decisions I need help here as a newbi

Posted by wakefield52 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 21:23

We are adding a first floor bedroom, huge closet, and bathroom onto our home. In addition we will be "gutting" the powder room on the first floor and "gutting" the kitchen and pushing out part of the kitchen to make a circular 8 foot addition with 5 5 foot windows. Right now we are trying to decide on the cabinets for the kitchen and the appliances. We are going with white MDF because I understand they will not "crack" because they are one molded piece. We were going with Plain and Fancy but now understand Omega Embasy has the same thing and that it is $4000 less than the Plain and Fancy. Please help with suggestions as we have to order them shortly if we go with the Plain and Fancy which is a 12 order time. Omega is 6 weeks. I am brand new to the forum . Can't find out the differences between the 2 companies and lines of cabinets. Thanks in advance for any and all help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gutting kitchen and so many decisions I need help here as a n

This is not the question you are asking, but are you saying that the addition has a Diameter of 8 feet? Or a standard ceiling height of 8 feet with 5-ft tall windows?

An 8 foot diameter floorspace in in kitchen is not large enough for a dining area unless it has built in seating around it with a table in the center--and this isn't too convenient for seating because people have to get up to let others leave the table.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here