Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threeboys2love

YES another White kitchen - pics posted...

threeboys2love
13 years ago

Lot's of hard work and here it is. What do you think? I was going for a modern country look. Cabinets are Thomasville, countertops are quarzite (a good alternative to marble for me),hardware is from Restoration Hardware, stove is Wolf, hood is Best, fridge is SubZero, slab behind stove is calacatta gold marble, lighting fixture is Visual Comfort... still waiting for window treatment and desk chair. Thanks for looking!

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab140/threeboys2love/IMG_0511.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab140/threeboys2love/IMG_0510.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab140/threeboys2love/IMG_0509.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab140/threeboys2love/IMG_0506.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab140/threeboys2love/IMG_0505.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab140/threeboys2love/IMG_0504.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab140/threeboys2love/IMG_0502.jpg

Comments (41)

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Oh, it's beautiful! Your calacatta backsplash just got me all weak in the knees. Enjoy!!!!

• threeboys2love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ooops - here are the pics...

• chocolatebunny
    13 years ago

I love it! Looks great! :)

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful. What a creative light fixture - it really makes a great statement. You have been successful in having nice layers of design and texture - like the darker island and hutch, the light fixture, the amazing backsplash - at the same time staying subtle and classic. Quite a feat. Congratulations!

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your lovely new kitchen! What brand & style of quartz did you use--I love it! I hope you'll put your kitchen in the FKB for others to use for inspiration.

• gillylily
    13 years ago

What a BEAUTIFUL kitchen! I love all the details. Congrats on the completion and enjoy your lovely new space!

• ajard
    13 years ago

Beautiful.. love the light fixture!

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Wow! Love the light fixture over the island and the amazing backsplash behind the range.

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Absolutely fabulous and love your marble. Thumbs up for another great WHITE KITCHEN!!!

• bostonpam
    13 years ago

I love your marble - it really makes a statement. Is it hard to keep clean or does it etch behind the range? Also love the island light. Beautiful kitchen - enjoy!

• eustacem
    13 years ago

It's beautifully done...my favorite was admiring the white (especially backsplash) and then you come to the photo from the other angle and it shows the darker bar area. Really nice contrast.

And I too could look at white kitchens all day!

• renayy
    13 years ago

LOVE your kitchen!! I imgaine you are loving it too :) Please let me know your paint color.. it looks like just the color I am looking for (not for my kitchen but for a bedroom).. Congrats to you on a job well done!!!!

• babushka_cat
    13 years ago

lovely!!!! could you tell me the name of the quartzite and the name and color of the backsplash you used?i am considering madre perla, wondering if that is what you used. also need a tile backsplash contender so thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

• threeboys2love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for all of your lovely comments!!! This forum helped me so much. xo

BABUSHKA CAT: Good eye! Yes, the quartzite is called Madre Perla. Love it! It has the veining of marble and the durability of granite. For me it was the perfect alternative to marble. I have 3 boys and didn't want the staining and etching. The backsplash tile is Adex 2x8" field tile - Neri Bisque is the color. Love that too! Wanted subway tile, but wanted a modern take on it and the size makes it look modern. If you live in the metro NYC area I can give you GREAT resources.

RENAYY: Paint color is a nice soothing blue. It's BM HC-145 Van Courtland Blue.

BOSTONPAM: I NEEDED to have some marble somewhere in my kitchen and with the 3 little boys I didn't want to go for it on the countertops. I've sealed it several times - and so far so good.

FLWRSNCO: The countertops are quartzite not quartz (pretty sure quartz is engineered) quartzite is similar to granite as it is a natural stone and is very durable - my stone yard called it Madre Perla. Expensive, but a nice option to marble if you like the veining of marble and not the speckled-ness of granite.

• bmorepanic
    13 years ago

That paint color is inspired. Congratulations and enjoy!

• mebry
    13 years ago

LOVE it! I too have a bunch of boys and, while I am in love with the idea of calacatta, I know I need something more durable - lots of red gatorade (& wine) will be consumed at the island! What is the upkeep for the quartzite? I assume periodic sealing like other natural stone. What is the "etching factor"? Also, yours looks polished, but can it also be fabricated in a honed finish? Finally - what is your sink? Love the molded edge! Great job - and practical!!

• fleur222
    13 years ago

I too am a Mom of 3 boys.... and some other things we have in common...
    I LOVE calacutta marble... that backsplash is divine! And I chose a white kitchen with a light countertop too. Just a thought... maybe all the light and bright is sort of feminine... you know we have to find a way to balance all that boy energy!
    I also love the contrasting dark island and hutch. I am a fan of wood floors, but I am very tough on the floors in my kitchen... Always wondering if I would choose wood in the future. Could you share the details on your tile? Thanks.

• angel411
    13 years ago

Wow! Just beautiful. I love the mix of dark and light and that wall color just brings it all together. Amazing job!

• lala girl
    13 years ago

What a gorgeous kitchen! I love how airy and elegant it is but still really warm and approachable. Totally fabulous. Thank you for sharing!

I had the same quartzite installed in my kitchen this week (also with white cabinets) and I love its taupey, gray yummy-ness - the madre perla has the tonal, veiny, low-key feel of marble but super tough, a winning combo in my book (I have 2 boys :-)

Enjoy your lovely new space - it is stunning!

• threeboys2love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone!!!

MEMBRY: Fellow boy mommy...Quartzite is basically as tough as granite - maybe a little less so, but I've noticed no difference. Seems extremely durable! Yes periodic sealing and no etching at all as far as I can see. The sink is Whitehaus purchased from Vintagetub.com (best prices).

FLEUR222: 3 boys - yeah! Wood floors just weren't an option for us - as you can imagine. But I do happen to love the look of this tile - slate like, but not overly so. I also love the pattern. The tile is Sant Agostino/Gemstone series color is Asia - pattern is made with 18x18, 12x12 and 6x6 pieces. Check out artwalktile.com for the best prices.

LAURAINLINCOLN: Yes, love the Madre Perla and your description of it is soooooo perfect. Enjoy yours too!

• katsmah
    13 years ago

Very nicely done! I love the white cabinets with the dark island and hutch.

• pondside_home
    13 years ago

Love it! Pics gave me great comfort-- I am planning a remodel right with same appliances, hardware, subway tiles, and white colored cabinets!

• User
    13 years ago

I am so in love with your island stools. Were they a local find? I'd love to know the manufacturer and style names.

• marcy96
    13 years ago

Just beautiful! I love your counters and the marble slab. It all ties in so well together with your cabinets and backsplash. Great job! Enjoy!

• threeboys2love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

TIGHTWADERIN: Thank you! If you only knew what I went through to get those stools. They are from Ethan Allen and had been discontinued. I live in NY and had to have the last four that were available shipped to me from Iowa and Virginia. It was a big deal trying to locate them! I can tell you that in my travels I came across an identical one made by Century Furniture. Ballard Designs has a similar one too. Search for cross back or x-back counter stools online.

• houseful
    13 years ago

Love it! Very beautiful!

• mebry
    13 years ago

LOVE it! I too have a bunch of boys and, while I am in love with the idea of calacatta, I know I need something more durable - lots of red gatorade (& wine) will be consumed at the island! What is the upkeep for the quartzite? I assume periodic sealing like other natural stone. What is the "etching factor"? Also, yours looks polished, but can it also be fabricated in a honed finish? Finally - what is your sink? Love the molded edge! Great job - and practical!!

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Immediately drawn to the stove with that amazing back area of marble-it's gorgeous!! Enjoy your kitchen-everything looks great.

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

I love your cabinets and hardware, backsplash behind the counters and the prettiest one behind your gorgeous range. I love your range hood, that beautiful counters and most of all your floors! I must save a picture to see if a floor like yours will look pretty in my smaller kitchen. Finally, I love the island, the stools. your LCD TV, your napkin holder and your toaster oven. Thanks for sharing.

• camerong
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! What color is the paint and who makes it? Thank you.

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

I love light on light kitchens and yours is beautiful. Especially LOVE the marble backsplash and perfect color blue you choose to highlight.... LOVELY!

• susanne283
    13 years ago

Hi,
    Wondering about that beautiful french door in your kitchen...looking for one just like it for my kitchen. Thanks
    Beautiful kitchen! Mine is blue too!
    Susanne

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Outstanding!

• morgne
    13 years ago

I've always loved that style of flooring. So beautiful and less common than a standard square?

How big is your island and how deep is your overhang? It's hard to tell!

• greenhousems
    13 years ago

wow, wow, wow... Just love this kitchen. I cant seem to get enough of these white kitchens!!!

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

Your marble backsplash is so gorgeous. Still wish I could have found a way to sneak a bit of marble into my kitchen. It's truly beautiful. I too almost did madre perla--I love the softness of it. The wall color is so nice!!! Are the subway off white or white?

• threeboys2love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you again everyone for all the lovely words!

CAMERONG: Blue paint color is BM HC-145 Van Courtland Blue

SUSANNE283: French door is by Anderson

• doonie
    13 years ago

Love it! Congratulations on a beautifully completed kitchen!

• threeboys2love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

MORGNE: My island is 73x38" with a 12" overhang on two sides.

FIRSTHOUSE_MP: My subway tile is not a bright white it's an off white. It's by Adex and the color is Neri Bisque. I used a white grout.

• doraville
    13 years ago

I like the pop of color from the red knobs on the stove. Great choices all around!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH