Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
realjoy

Inexpensive Cabinet Makers In NY (Albany/Saratoga)

realjoy
10 years ago

Does anyone here have any recommendations for good cabinet makers, that are reasonably prices, in the Albany/Saratoga, NY area?

TIA!

Comments (6)

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Hi! I was just thinking about you the other day, did you get my reply to your email? I'm not sure if it went through, is your email enabled?

Either way, welcome to the area and feel free to contact me.

• liriodendron
    10 years ago

I have no idea about their prices, but I would certainly check them out: The Mennonite (Amish?) cabinet makers just east of Hoosick Falls, in Rensselaer County.

I haven't priced anything there however.

Directions: From alternate Route 7 (which intersects with the Northway), cross the Collar City Bridge into Troy. Continue straight up the hill on Hoosick Street/ Route 7 eastbound (headed towards Bennington, VT). At the top of the hill (you'll know it when you get there), just continue to go east on Route 7 through the town of Brunswick, into Pittstown (past the Tomhannock Reservoir) etc. You'll need to go about 20-25 miles, including up a long hill towards the end. As you come down the steep hill through the State Forest you'll come to the intersection w Rt 22 at a Stewart's Shop. Continue east (don't turn left in Hoosick Falls on Rt 22 north), you'll go over the bridge above the Hoosick River and shortly come to a stop light by the Big Moose BBQ joint. From there continue going east on Rt 7 about 1-1.5 miles; watch for the enormous bed frame planted with flowers (a flower bed!) and an oversized chair on your left .

That's the place - they are very nice people. They may be closed on Sundays, I don't know for sure

HTH

L.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

I met some really promising local makers at the home show in Clifton Park, they seem to happen 2-3 times a year. They included at least two that don't have websites and are basically word if mouth. One guy sources his plywood locally too, swears it's the best he can get anywhere. Looks like the next one is 10/18 http://events.wnyt.com/The_Capital_Region_Fall_Home_Show/271871450.html

I have been very pleased with Kepner Kitchens if you want frameless, though they don't make them. They have a few reasonably priced lines. I only had them do my cabinets, though they do whole kitchens (already had a GC). They've been great to work with.

• ardcp
    10 years ago

i got a rough quote from jade enterprises(527-5568) who i found on angies list. they are out of amsterdam but came to my house with doors samples. the cabinets were gorgeous and about 3k more than an equivilent kraftmaid quote for solid wood/plywood construction. they do the install and 2 months ago were booking into sept. i would have gone that route if this was a forever home but its a larger house in a moderate neighborhood so i am trying to keep the costs down because anything i spend will be overkill for my neighborhood. plus they require a large deposit to draw up plans and i wasn't ready to commit. let me know it goes since i am still looking for my cabinets/countertop and installer and live in clifton park.

• realjoy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your responses!

liriodendron - as soon as my kitchen plans (layout) are finalized, I think we will make a day trip up there and see what they can do and the prices. Thanks!!!

williamsem - So sorry for the delay! I am sending you an email :)

ardcp - Thanks so much. As of right now, I am "stuck" with Merillat Essentials (what builder uses) and my budget wont allow anything pricier, so they may be out of range. I will let you know if I find anything quality, yet reasonable. My builder has a source for granite that he says has amazing prices. I will find out who they are and let you know :)

• sparkier73
    10 years ago

shameaz - Before you go with Merillat... check out Kitchen Resource Direct on the web (kitchenresourcedirect.com). I live in the Saratoga area and was going to go with the better quality Merillat cabs until I got the $ quote. I found a reference to KRD in a GW forum, checked them out and ordered my cabinets through them. They were wonderful to work with and the cabinets were HALF the price of the Merillat. They arrived in perfect condition, are high quality and I couldn't be happier.