Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Older posts -- Please read

Posted by gwTamara (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 20:15

Hi folks,

Previously, once a post scrolled off the last page of the forums, it was no longer considered 'live'. If you had the url of the post, it would still be accessible, but posting to it would not bring it back to the top of the forum. Going forward, you should now be able to post to an older post and bring it back to life. On Tuesday, after our search engine indexes, all older posts should also be available via search.

Let me know if you have any questions, but please feel free to try it out if you're looking for an older post.

Best,

Tamara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Older posts -- Please read

This is great news!

o

Wowzer!

L.

o

Yippeee!!

o

Excellent.

The thread title nearly gave me a coronary.

o

Great news.

o

Huzzah!!!!

o

Sounds great! Have two questions:

How far back in time do the "older posts" go? Are you archived to the very beginning of GW?

Am I right in assuming that the 150 posts limit still applies?

Thanks!

o

Hurray!

o

Yay! Thank you!

o

Woohoo!

o

Terrific, Tamara. What a wonderful addition. Thank you, guys!

o

Seeeaaarrrccchhhhiiinnnggg......

o

Am I doing it wrong? I was trying to see if I could find my own old posts from last summer, and nothing comes up.

o

OK, I still can't get old posts through GW search. I can find them through google or bing, but not here. Just so you know. Did I misunderstand the second part of your message?

Thanks!

o

Wow, does this mean GW is "upgrading" their software and systems here?

As in ... could we make suggestions?

o

Do we still think this is a great idea?

My answer: If not abused, yes, but alas, there is lots of nonsensical bumping going on.

I liked it better when you could read old threads, but not bump them. If you had a legitimate reason to reference an old thread, you could post a new thread and include a link to the old one.

o

I DO think it's still a good idea. I haven't seen much nonsensical bumping (other than the idiot spamming with the toasters last night). And I do like that an older thread can be pulled back to the front for the new people to glean information that is vastly useful.

Although, the search function is NOT working for me. I just searched for my posts and it only pulled up recent posts.

o

Older threads are also reappearing magically in the queue; even though the last reply was months or years ago, they have just "floated" to the top on their own.
Casey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here