Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you find your pot filler awkward to use?

Posted by GWlolo (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 20:11

I did a lot of research on pot fillers and finally selected one by Franke that is double jointed and has 2 shutoff levers - one at the spout and one near the wall. Now that it is installed, I am not liking it. It feels awkward to use and a pain to unfold and tuck back in and I feel I will not remember to close the second shut off valve against the wall or on the contrary to open it. Ugh! Should I change to to something simpler?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you find your pot filler awkward to use?

Your comment is very interesting to me. I’ve never understood the need for pot fillers. Yup you get to fill your pot on the stove, but then why aren't there pot emptiers?
So if you can lift the pot off the stove to empty it then you sure can put it on with the same amount of water.

o

How long have you used it? Maybe you need some more time. I have the same one and don't find it difficult to use - but I have to say I like it more and more as time went on. I just pull it out to whatever pot needs filling and just push it back in place. It could go either way but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes the 2nd valve is not turned off by the kids but I like having the 2 valves.

Sometimes I open the valve next to the wall 1st and other times I open the one near the pot 1st. If there's a leak in one I would notice it and have the other valve until it would be fixed.

If after 3+ months and you still don't like it maybe check into another design. The main reason I like this one was that it reached all 6 burners on the 48" range - many potfillers can't do that. I also like the lines of it.

o

Bostonpam - Maybe it is the starting trouble. I am not able to figure out a one handed operation. The double jointedness seems to make it harder to get into postion. Do you find that it drips if you don't close both valves? That was the main worry I had.

Moebus - My usecase is different and I do want a pot filler. I have an elderly mother who loves to cook but cannot carry heavy pots of water from the sink. Water is the main ingredient I use and I like the convenience of having it right there.I agree it is not for everyone.

o

I leave the main spout (in the back) on and just use the one at the faucet. At first I was trying to bring the faucet to the location of the pot and sometimes (depending on where the pot was placed) it would be awkward to get it there!

Now, I just fill the pot anywhere on the cooktop and slide the pot a bit if needed. (I have a smooth cooktop)

o

I just grab the front faucet/lever and pull it to over the pot. For me it's one motion. I usually use it in the front right or front left burner where my 22K BTU burners are located. I find the front burners are easier to position the pot filler. I don't use it often in the back and I can see that it could be more cumbersome.

I don't notice drips but I will look next time I use it. The pot filler was used 4x today between the kids and myself.

o

I had that PF in a former home and I loved it, I still miss it. I think you will get used to it in no time. Never had one drip in 7 years,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here