Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Assistance with kitchen cabinet/floor pairings

Posted by mpk18 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 20:09

Hi everyone! I would love some help brainstorming appropriate options for our new home. My style is more "contemporary glamour", and I was hoping to stain the floors a dark color (brown or dark gray). However, I feel that the cabinets and granite would not quite go with that look. What are your thoughts on painting the cabinets ivory, or staining them a dark color (maybe ebony?) I would also paint the walls a white or very light neutral color.

Thank you so much for your help!! It is really appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Assistance with kitchen cabinet/floor pairings

I think you can do a dark floor if you paint the cabs cream. Your granite and BS (same granite?) are dark so staining the cabs dark will just be overpowering and too much dark. Beware of a dark floor...It will show everything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here