Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cplover

Hardware Hell!! Trying to find Amerock Highland Ridge

cplover
12 years ago

So, I think I have decided on hardware for my white Lidingo cabinets---Amerock "Highland Ridge", which is similar to RH Bistro Pulls, but not exactly. I have seen several other GW'ers who have used this hardware and think it might just work--except that I cannot find 1 place in the Chicagoland area that has it in stock. I have called big box stores and mom-n-pop shops all to no avail. I wanted to see it in person prior to ordering b/c it is Polished Nickel and nothing else in my kitchen is PN. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy the stuff from RH. Arghhh..

Comments (15)

• cplover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just as a follow-up, my sinks are SS as are my appliances. Faucets are chrome. Have not yet picked out light fixtures. Countertops are soapstone and floors are natural-ish stained red oak.

• Cloud Swift
    12 years ago

I think that most of the online cabinet hardware shops have a sample program that allows you to buy something to see if you like it and then get credit for that on your order. That's what we did since our hardware wasn't available locally.

• Adrienne Gray
    12 years ago

Hi newbie!

I don't know if this helps or not, but I put Highland Ridge in my kitchen and couldn't find it locally either. I ended up ordering a few sample widths online to determine scale (enough to merit free shipping) and returned the balance when I ordered the rest. I still chuckle that I actually ordered from this place, but at the time they had the best prices and they did honor the return transaction... coolknobsandpulls.com

• cplover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@Alabamamommy- I checked out coolknobsandpulls.com and they have an automatic restocking fee of at least 10% and you must order $200 to get free shipping.

@Cloud_swift- I did see that cabinetparts.com and some others do not have a restocking fee which is good news! Thanks.

• traceee
    12 years ago

Try this link for AH Turf. I had a good experience with them. When you put item in your cart, looks like about 1/2 the price. They also have it in 3 different finishes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Highland Ridge

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Lee Valley carries it but I don't know anything about their restocking or ordering. We have local stores so I don't use their internet ordering.

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

try knobs4less.com...there is a restocking fee, but it would still end up being WAY less than RH

• Adrienne Gray
    12 years ago

Yikes - I don't remember the shipping threshold being that high! Must have been a special.

The AH Turf prices look really good traceee. That would have shaved a nugget off of our order.

• cplover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just ordered both highland ridge and westerly from amerock4less. I think I can eat the 10% restocking fee since the Highlandridge is less than 50% of RH and Westerly is like 75% less.

Thanks everyone!! Still it is frustrating to have to buy hardware online b/c no one in chicagoland has it to view.

• cplover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ugh Traceee!! I missed your post, it went to my junk email and I already ordered with amerock4less and it looks like A&H could have saved me some money. :(

• traceee
    12 years ago

AWWWW GEEEEZE...I'm sorry! I thought you were ordering samples, but it sounds like you ordered the whole she-bang in 2 different collections?

I have the Westerly pulls and knobs and LOVE them - especially the chunky knobs. Probably I shouldn't tell you this BUT, my local Lowes carried the Westerly 3" pulls so at least I could go and touch them.

Oh well, chalk it up to the crazy things we do when we are stressed and worn-down!

You will be happy with your choices!!!!

• cplover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tracee-- No, I just ordered samples of each style so that I can see which I like better. Just have to wait now and see. Fortunately the price difference was not terribly significant.

• seamama75
    12 years ago

I really liked the Highland Ridge pulls too, but wanted satin nickel finish. So silly that they don't have that as an option for those very basic looking pulls. We ended up going with the Westerly pulls and knobs and I think they are going to be fine. They are not on yet, but we have them on hand and they look and feel nice.

• cplover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am hoping my Westerly and Highland Ridge samples arrive soon. They think they can have the kitchen completely done by the end of next week!! I have been without a kitchen since May 1st so this is music to my ears!!

• cplover
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So my hardware samples arrived in the mail today!! Only problem I forsee is that I love them both! I really like the knobs better on the highland ridge but am maybe leaning towards the color of the satin nickel of the westerly over the polished nickel of the highland ridge. Arghh... this is going to be difficult. I cannot wait until I get home to hold the samples up to the cabinets.