Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mold in sub-zero freezer?

Posted by trav86 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 19:41

We have a sub-zero 650 with a bottom freezer. The slide out drawer has been functioning poorly for the past week--it feels like it's sticking. I've been pushing and pulling it harder than usual, hoping that it was just a matter of something that had been shoved in there improperly (teenagers!), but the problem continues. Today, I got down on my knees to check it out. There's something black and icky looking on the track that the drawer slides in and out on. Could this be mold? If yes, what do I do about it? Should I be worried?

(I posted this in appliance forum too--hoping for a fast assessment and solution! Thanks.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mold in sub-zero freezer?

I'm no expert, did a bit of google searching and found this. Maybe it is mold - here's how to clean it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning Mold in Refrigerator

o
RE: Mold in sub-zero freezer?

Thanks, purple. (There goes the ice cream!) I came across one guy who said you need to wear a mask when cleaning mold. Seems extreme. I'd be interested to know if anyone else supports this, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here