Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished Kitchen creamy white, lacanche, calacatta

Posted by tearose21 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 19:37

Posted earlier but pictures were too small. Hope this works.
Trisha

IMG_0126
IMG_0124
IMG_0135
IMG_0140
IMG_0138
IMG_0131
IMG_0120
IMG_0116
IMG_0129
IMG_0136
IMG_0118
IMG_0130

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished Kitchen creamy white, lacanche, calacatta

Your kitchen is gorgeous!!

Can I ask about your pendants? What size are they? Are they Hudson Valley, if so do you know the product number? I love them!!

Thanks

o

It is really lovely! I am sure others will ask--but you need to share details. Your range is really pretty and I love your hutch. All the finishes are really pretty together. Great job.

Is your house older? It looks like a kitchen that would fit in really well in an older house (though it would look great in a house of any age :)).

o

Beautiful kitchen, so bright! I love your cabinets. And the spot for the puppy is just perfect! Congratulations.

o

Much better pics! Your kitchen is stunning! I love it all. You must the thrilled with it. Congratulations on a great job. Priscilla

o

Breathtaking! Just beautiful. Range is stunning. I love the marble, too. The hutch is so pretty. The island would be a continent in my house! Everything is just so beautiful. I'm sure you'll enjoy it -- spectacular! Thanks for the nice pics!

o

Lovely -- So very pretty and elegant!
And a nice, workable floorplan to boot ;-)

o

So pretty! I love it...feelin' a little jealous over here right now ;)

o

Sorry, I did post details on my failed first attempt at posting pictures. Yes, it is an older house, 1920's Tudor. Thanks for all the nice words. And thanks to all who chimed in with help.

Cabinets: Crown Point - Paper and Black Walnut Polished Nickel Hardware
Counters - Calacatta Marble
Island - Black Walnut from Grothouse Lumber with a durata finish (satin)
Pendants - Hudson Valley 8" Polished Nickel
Backsplash- Ann Sacks 2x2 onyx and 3X6 crackle subway tile
Range - Lancanche Cluny
Original leaded glass butler's pantry
Floor - QS white oak
wall color - SW Repose
Butler's Pantry color - BM Edgecomb gray
Sinks - Shaw farmhouse and round prep sink
Main Faucet - Newport Brass in Polished Nickel
Soap Dispenser- rohl polished nickel

Trisha

o

Oooooooh...I knew I shouldn't look! Marble and Lacanches will always bring up envy. :-) I'm almost speechless...Minette99 took my only words: Breathtaking... beautiful...stunning...spectacular! The layout, the style, the elements, and the marble veining are all noteworthy.

o

Stunning!! Simply perfect and elegant.

o

Yes, stunning! You must be so thrilled with the results!

We're in the design phase of our own kitchen remodel and would love to achieve a similar color on the cabinets. Would you mind sharing the color of yours? And would you mind also sharing the width of the walkways surrounding your island? We really want to include an island with seating in our kitchen but the general consensus on this site seems to be that we don't have enough space. Your layout looks very "comfortable", so I'd love to have something to compare it to! Thanks!!

o

Breathtakingly gorgeous! I'm in total love with every single detail. Congratulations with your beautiful new space!

How long is your island?

Erika

o

Incredible is all I can say - my jaw dropped when I opened the thread... you have great taste!

o

All I can say is WOW. It's not often that I love every single detail, but you have nailed it and then some.

o

What a beautiful job! It's also a very approachable and livable kitchen to me, if that makes any sense. So many kitchens seem almost too beautiful to touch, like they're showcases rather than for real-life use.

o

All I can say is, WOW! That is one beautiful kitchen! I don't think I could narrow down one or two favorite things as there are so many details in your kitchen that stand out. And I love the little dog bed for your four-legged kid - does he use it alot?

o

Gorgeous times 100! The attention to detail is incredible. EVERYTHING you picked out is perfect! Please let us know how the island top stands up. I love it and am considering a wood countertop somewhere in my kitchen. If you have small children is it holding up? Thanks for sharing the details! I especially love the prep sink faucet!!

o

Be still my heart! Sigh...

o

Beautiful!! What was your budget on your kitchen?

o

WOW! Simply Stunning!

o

Erinct the cabinet color is called Paper it's a Crown Point color but it is almost the same as BM white down. Although our space is narrow I am glad I still went with the island. It works for me. There is 40" between the island and the counter and on the seating side of the island there is 47" at the shallow ends of the radius to 39" in the middle to the wall.

Erika the island is 11'3"

Farmhousebound, yes George uses his cubby alot

Michellemarie, the island is holding up very well. I have a 9 and 14 year old. It has a finish called durata, it's a marine finish and impossible to stain. The prep sink faucet is made my Mico.

Thanks for all the nice comments. It is really rewarding to hear all of your feedback!

o

Wow!
Gorgeous!
I love everything. The walnut & the marble-stunning.
Well done.
Added to my clippings-thank you!

o

My oh my! What a lovely kitchen! The cabinets, counters, lights, colors...they are all perfect! Enjoy your wonderful new kitchen :)

o

Wow!! Absolutely stunning! I love everything about your kitchen! You did an incredible job - you should be proud! Now go and enjoy it!

o

This is one thoroughly marvelous kitchen. Droolworthy in every respect. Although once I get past salivating over the Cluny and the Calacatta and Black Walnut C-Tops, and the pendants, and the windows, well. . . I'm especially smitten with the hutch! :-) What a fantastic job. Congratulations!

o

Absolutely gorgeous! The hutch is fantastic, the island is fantastic, it just all looks perfect!

o

If I could build my dream kitchen, it would look like yours. :) Fantastic!

o

Just beautiful! You made wonderful choices and everything fits together so well. The walnut and marble look gorgeous with the white cabinets. Thank you for sharing with us! Enjoy!

o

Yes! This is collectively the dream kitchen!!
Everything is so well thought out. Attention to detail is amazing.

What a treat just to look at your kitchen photos is!

o

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a treat to open this and see what a truly stunning space you have created! Love your details -- the mixed drawer fronts, the leaded glass in your hutch, the deep sill over your sink and I want to run my fingers along your island......it all looks so beautiful, but so accessible, if that makes sense. Hope you are enjoying it -- and thank you for sharing such a great space!

o

soooooo beautiful!!! I love the doggie's area.

o

Swoon! Magazine worthy. I'd love to see some before pics too.

o

Thanks for the information, it really does help. Our proposed layout calls for 42" between the island and the sink, 42" between the island and the range, and 39-36" between the seating area and the pantry wall, so it looks like it's really just the seating area that is too tight. If you had 3" less between your seating area and the wall, do you think it would be too tight? Perhaps we could shrink the space between the island and the sink to 40" and gain another two inches on the seating side? I have a really hard time visualizing this, but I hear all the concerns from others and I want to make sure we don't do the wrong thing. Thanks again for the information!!

o

This is one of the most beautiful kitchens I've ever seen on this site. Woweeee! I was especially inspired by the lighting choices...mixing up the lovely pendants with the schoolhouse flush mount. You hardware choices are also great. I am so envious of the marble! Lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this!

o

Your kitchen is stunning and it is one of the most beautiful kitchens especially with your lighting choices and that stove that is to die for! I love the backspash behind the stove so much. Your dog bed area is perfect! I wish I had the space for that for my "furkidz".

I love the grain and stain on the cabinets. I love your floors! What width and stain are on your beautiful Quarter Sawn White Oak Floors?

Thank you for sharing.

o

It's all be said already...love the marble, love the floor, love the doggie bed, the butcher block, the layout; everything is perfect. I'm sure many happy memories will be made in your gorgeous kitchen. Enjoy!

o

Late to the party, tearose - compliments on a truly STUNNING kitchen! You must be (justifiably) thrilled with the results. I especially love that gorgeous hutch. And George is a sweetie too :-)

Enjoy it!
Eliz

o

I love it all. walnut, marble, white, chrome... perfection.

o

Wow, wow, and double wow. The only thing I don't like is... just kidding, I LOVE everything!

You have incredible taste, and I think you've created a timeless kitchen that will continue to look gorgeous through the years.

o

I logged on today to the most amazing kitchen I have seen in a long time on GW.
Trisha, what a gorgeous, sophisticated, yet warm and inviting kitchen you have designed. Just love it.
Your marble marries your stainless/nickel and walnut and everything else you have chosen brilliantly accent both.
Hope you are soon enjoying your Cluny! Which Ann Sachs subway tile did you use?

o

Absolutely gorgeous!!! It's all been said already. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational kitchen!

o

Drop dead gorgeous! Really looks like a great space to work and live in. Well planned and beautifully designed. Cheers!

o

LOVE it! so beautiful and classic! good luck to you, i hope you enjoy good food and good company in your lovely space.

o

Oh my, I am overwhelmed with your kind responses, thank you. I can truly say that without this forum, I would not have been able to create this kitchen. It is from the hours of pouring over topics and gaining advice from all of you that I was able to do it, so thank you all very much.

Erinct for me the 40" is plenty between the island and the counter. If it were me I would move the island over to make more room on the seating/pantry side. It is going to be a squeeze to get into your pantry if someone is seated. I've attached three pictures of the space with a person in it so you can get a better idea.

39"
IMG_0141

40"
IMG_0142

40" with oven open
IMG_0143

o

Creamy Dreamy!!! I can't add much more to all that's been written above, but I would like to echo the sentiment of the poster who said that in addition to being just beautiful, your kitchen has the functionality and liveabilty that any home cook would envy.

And that lucky dog, George!! What breed is he? My 2 pups would be so envious of his cozy kitchen nest!

o

It's almost ridiculous how gorgeous your kitchen is...congrats!

o

As everyone else here already said, I just love every detail. I hope your family enjoys many years of cooking, sharing meals and conversation. You are very blessed!

Could you please tell me where you bought your cup drawer pulls? I bought some from Rejuvenation Hardware and although I love the cabinet latches, I am not so impressed with the cup pulls. They feel light to me.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for sharing. I have a feeling you'll be receiving plenty of emails and posted questions for awhile : )

o

I'm so glad you posted your kitchen because first, it is absolutely stunning and second, the layout is very close to mine so I'm happy to see it's working out for you. My range will be centered with windows on either side. Sink and DW on the right. Island with prep sink in the same spot as yours and an advantium oven in the same spot as your micro. You did a fabulous job. Congratulations and enjoy!

erinct - to answer your question about tightness behind seating at the island. I will have 12" deep pantry cabs directly behind my island and the island will have seating. I will have 48" of space from the counter to the cabinets. I think rule of thumb is 24" to pull out the chairs, not sure how much space once someone is actually sitting in them. I think you will have a hard time accessing that space if the chairs are occupied. Are you storing items you will need on a daily basis? How deep are the pantry cabs?

o

Pluckymama, the 2x2 onyx are ann sacks and the 3x6 are from a line called Market Collection and they are in the Ashbury series, in fleece crackle. When the box came it said it was Sonoma Tile, but I did not see this series on it's website. So it's kind of a mystery. I just picked it out from a local tile store. I know it came from California.

Lynn2006 the QS white oak is 4" in a provincial stain.

amck George is a spoodle, also known as a cockapoo.

Judydel, the hardware is from Crown Point. They are quite heavy.

Trisha

o

I love the French range and the Calcutta marble countertops and the black walnut on the island--it's such a great counterpoint to all the cool colors. Lovely!

o

Thanks SO much for posting the extra pictures showing the spaces around your island -- they were incredibly helpful (and a big THANKS to your adorable model!). I already e-mailed my KD and asked him to move the island over a few inches. Hopefully that will help some!

malhgold: We have a pantry on each side of a refrigerator, both of which will be 30"w x 15" deep. I wouldn't mind reducing the depth of the pantries, so long as I could still store cereal boxes and similar kid foods in them. Otherwise, I'll just have to make sure that I store often used foods on the far end and only put items behind the seating that isn't used as frequently.

Thanks again for everyone's help! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!!

o

Stunning! A simply brilliant blend of textures, colors, charm, sophistication and function. Love it all - the black walnut countertops (wanted that too, but was vetoed by DH, boo hoo), that smooth calacutta, the lovely backsplash, gorgeous range, pendants, fixtures etc. etc. etc!

It's funny - I have been seriously considering the same pendants and my island is identical in length to yours. Can I ask how you spaced them? I thought I would need the larger ones but yours look perfect. Are you happy with the amount of light they throw?

Thanks and congrats on a beautiful kitchen.

o

Admiring once again :). Thanks for posting bigger pics, those details are too good to miss!

o

eastcoastmom, yes I am very happy with the pendants. I still wonder if I should have gotten the next size up, but when I saw them in person they just looked so darn big for my space. Perhaps if your space is wider they would look right? Alot of discussion on how to space them, we went with dividing the island into 4 equal parts so one is centered and then the next two we took of that.

Thanks again to everyone for all the nice words.
Trisha

o

Just gorgeous! I love everything! Very elegant, yet not stuffy. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. You must be very pleased! Congratulations!

Camille

o

What a beautiful kitchen! Another inspiration kitchen to keep. May be picking your brain more in the future! Congrats on your job well done, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

How do you like the Lacanche?

o
tearose21- RE: Finished Kitchen creamy white, lacanche, calacatta

tearose21, It seems that my favorite width is 4" wide since every time I see a floor 4" wide, I feel it is perfect. I love the stain you chose and the width. Thanks for letting me know. Your kitchen is gorgeous!

o

*Sigh*

Absolutely breathtaking. Gorgeous details, right down to my favorite flower--the Hydrangea.:^)

You must pinch yourself everytime you walk in that amazing room. Wowzer.

o

susied3 I LOVE MY LACANCHE!!! It works beautifully and everyone says my food taste better (not sure if that's true, but I will take it).

o

Trisha, does your cabinetry match your window/door trim color? It looks pretty close in the pictures, but it's hard to tell for sure. I'm considering White Down for my cabinets, and wondering if it would work for the rest of the house trim. Again, your kitchen is gorgeous!

o

Ditto to all the compliments given above about your gorgeous kitchen. I must add that I envy your pendants - & I'm usually not a fan of pendants!

o

It's exquisite. Enjoy it!!

o

cncnh, yes I matched the trim and doors/windows to the cabinets. Well at least I tried to get as close as possible.

o

Hi.

I keep coming back just to gaze at that marble....(ours will go in the end of July, till then I have yours)

Also- what are your stools?
Are they from Yankee Sturbrige or Crate and Barrel, by any chance?
I'm deciding among those and wooden x back stools...Yours look super comfy.

Thanks,
Katie

o

What a lovely space! You did such a wonderfull job balancing the cool with the warm. Your island is beautiful and I am going to learn more about the finish. I like the idea of indestructible. My favorite spot is your oven with the teapots on the mantle. So darling and they look like antiques. The lighting in your display cabinet is perfect.

Enjoy your marvelous space!

Melinda

o

kaite yes they are the Crate and Barrel stools. Super comfy but I do have to say the smell like a skunk. Not sure what to do about that yet!

o

Hi Tearose21 -- how are those marble counter tops holding up one year down the line? I love the look but have heard that marble will stain and etch (and I'm no diligent housekeeper, so I'm not going to kid myself into believing that I'll be wiping them up every second)and that I'd be better off with a white and grey granite. Granite just doesn't have the same movement as your counter tops, so I'm just askin'....

P.S. -- LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitchen!!

Lola B

o

Your kitchen looks so cool. well-equipped and well furnished.

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchenaid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here