Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tearose21

Finished Kitchen creamy white, lacanche, calacatta

tearose21
14 years ago

Posted earlier but pictures were too small. Hope this works.

Trisha

Comments (68)

• ideamom
    14 years ago

Beautiful!! What was your budget on your kitchen?

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

WOW! Simply Stunning!

• tearose21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Erinct the cabinet color is called Paper it's a Crown Point color but it is almost the same as BM white down. Although our space is narrow I am glad I still went with the island. It works for me. There is 40" between the island and the counter and on the seating side of the island there is 47" at the shallow ends of the radius to 39" in the middle to the wall.

Erika the island is 11'3"

Farmhousebound, yes George uses his cubby alot

Michellemarie, the island is holding up very well. I have a 9 and 14 year old. It has a finish called durata, it's a marine finish and impossible to stain. The prep sink faucet is made my Mico.

Thanks for all the nice comments. It is really rewarding to hear all of your feedback!

• katieob
    14 years ago

Wow!
    Gorgeous!
    I love everything. The walnut & the marble-stunning.
    Well done.
    Added to my clippings-thank you!

• penelopejosephine
    14 years ago

My oh my! What a lovely kitchen! The cabinets, counters, lights, colors...they are all perfect! Enjoy your wonderful new kitchen :)

• marcy96
    14 years ago

Wow!! Absolutely stunning! I love everything about your kitchen! You did an incredible job - you should be proud! Now go and enjoy it!

• marthavila
    14 years ago

This is one thoroughly marvelous kitchen. Droolworthy in every respect. Although once I get past salivating over the Cluny and the Calacatta and Black Walnut C-Tops, and the pendants, and the windows, well. . . I'm especially smitten with the hutch! :-) What a fantastic job. Congratulations!

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! The hutch is fantastic, the island is fantastic, it just all looks perfect!

• pfmastin
    14 years ago

If I could build my dream kitchen, it would look like yours. :) Fantastic!

• sayde
    14 years ago

Just beautiful! You made wonderful choices and everything fits together so well. The walnut and marble look gorgeous with the white cabinets. Thank you for sharing with us! Enjoy!

• gracesantacruz
    14 years ago

Yes! This is collectively the dream kitchen!!
    Everything is so well thought out. Attention to detail is amazing.

What a treat just to look at your kitchen photos is!

• alice462
    14 years ago

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a treat to open this and see what a truly stunning space you have created! Love your details -- the mixed drawer fronts, the leaded glass in your hutch, the deep sill over your sink and I want to run my fingers along your island......it all looks so beautiful, but so accessible, if that makes sense. Hope you are enjoying it -- and thank you for sharing such a great space!

• teppy
    14 years ago

soooooo beautiful!!! I love the doggie's area.

• deegw
    14 years ago

Swoon! Magazine worthy. I'd love to see some before pics too.

• erinct
    14 years ago

Thanks for the information, it really does help. Our proposed layout calls for 42" between the island and the sink, 42" between the island and the range, and 39-36" between the seating area and the pantry wall, so it looks like it's really just the seating area that is too tight. If you had 3" less between your seating area and the wall, do you think it would be too tight? Perhaps we could shrink the space between the island and the sink to 40" and gain another two inches on the seating side? I have a really hard time visualizing this, but I hear all the concerns from others and I want to make sure we don't do the wrong thing. Thanks again for the information!!

• donnakay2009
    14 years ago

This is one of the most beautiful kitchens I've ever seen on this site. Woweeee! I was especially inspired by the lighting choices...mixing up the lovely pendants with the schoolhouse flush mount. You hardware choices are also great. I am so envious of the marble! Lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this!

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is stunning and it is one of the most beautiful kitchens especially with your lighting choices and that stove that is to die for! I love the backspash behind the stove so much. Your dog bed area is perfect! I wish I had the space for that for my "furkidz".

I love the grain and stain on the cabinets. I love your floors! What width and stain are on your beautiful Quarter Sawn White Oak Floors?

Thank you for sharing.

• cheri127
    14 years ago

It's all be said already...love the marble, love the floor, love the doggie bed, the butcher block, the layout; everything is perfect. I'm sure many happy memories will be made in your gorgeous kitchen. Enjoy!

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Late to the party, tearose - compliments on a truly STUNNING kitchen! You must be (justifiably) thrilled with the results. I especially love that gorgeous hutch. And George is a sweetie too :-)

Enjoy it!
    Eliz

• pharaoh
    14 years ago

I love it all. walnut, marble, white, chrome... perfection.

• ebse
    14 years ago

Wow, wow, and double wow. The only thing I don't like is... just kidding, I LOVE everything!

You have incredible taste, and I think you've created a timeless kitchen that will continue to look gorgeous through the years.

• pluckymama
    14 years ago

I logged on today to the most amazing kitchen I have seen in a long time on GW.
    Trisha, what a gorgeous, sophisticated, yet warm and inviting kitchen you have designed. Just love it.
    Your marble marries your stainless/nickel and walnut and everything else you have chosen brilliantly accent both.
    Hope you are soon enjoying your Cluny! Which Ann Sachs subway tile did you use?

• hollister768
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!! It's all been said already. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational kitchen!

• megradek
    14 years ago

Drop dead gorgeous! Really looks like a great space to work and live in. Well planned and beautifully designed. Cheers!

• kateskouros
    14 years ago

LOVE it! so beautiful and classic! good luck to you, i hope you enjoy good food and good company in your lovely space.

• tearose21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh my, I am overwhelmed with your kind responses, thank you. I can truly say that without this forum, I would not have been able to create this kitchen. It is from the hours of pouring over topics and gaining advice from all of you that I was able to do it, so thank you all very much.

Erinct for me the 40" is plenty between the island and the counter. If it were me I would move the island over to make more room on the seating/pantry side. It is going to be a squeeze to get into your pantry if someone is seated. I've attached three pictures of the space with a person in it so you can get a better idea.

39"

40"

40" with oven open

• amck2
    14 years ago

Creamy Dreamy!!! I can't add much more to all that's been written above, but I would like to echo the sentiment of the poster who said that in addition to being just beautiful, your kitchen has the functionality and liveabilty that any home cook would envy.

And that lucky dog, George!! What breed is he? My 2 pups would be so envious of his cozy kitchen nest!

• arc1017
    14 years ago

It's almost ridiculous how gorgeous your kitchen is...congrats!

• judydel
    14 years ago

As everyone else here already said, I just love every detail. I hope your family enjoys many years of cooking, sharing meals and conversation. You are very blessed!

Could you please tell me where you bought your cup drawer pulls? I bought some from Rejuvenation Hardware and although I love the cabinet latches, I am not so impressed with the cup pulls. They feel light to me.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for sharing. I have a feeling you'll be receiving plenty of emails and posted questions for awhile : )

• malhgold
    14 years ago

I'm so glad you posted your kitchen because first, it is absolutely stunning and second, the layout is very close to mine so I'm happy to see it's working out for you. My range will be centered with windows on either side. Sink and DW on the right. Island with prep sink in the same spot as yours and an advantium oven in the same spot as your micro. You did a fabulous job. Congratulations and enjoy!

erinct - to answer your question about tightness behind seating at the island. I will have 12" deep pantry cabs directly behind my island and the island will have seating. I will have 48" of space from the counter to the cabinets. I think rule of thumb is 24" to pull out the chairs, not sure how much space once someone is actually sitting in them. I think you will have a hard time accessing that space if the chairs are occupied. Are you storing items you will need on a daily basis? How deep are the pantry cabs?

• tearose21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pluckymama, the 2x2 onyx are ann sacks and the 3x6 are from a line called Market Collection and they are in the Ashbury series, in fleece crackle. When the box came it said it was Sonoma Tile, but I did not see this series on it's website. So it's kind of a mystery. I just picked it out from a local tile store. I know it came from California.

Lynn2006 the QS white oak is 4" in a provincial stain.

amck George is a spoodle, also known as a cockapoo.

Judydel, the hardware is from Crown Point. They are quite heavy.

Trisha

• karena_2009
    14 years ago

I love the French range and the Calcutta marble countertops and the black walnut on the island--it's such a great counterpoint to all the cool colors. Lovely!

• erinct
    14 years ago

Thanks SO much for posting the extra pictures showing the spaces around your island -- they were incredibly helpful (and a big THANKS to your adorable model!). I already e-mailed my KD and asked him to move the island over a few inches. Hopefully that will help some!

malhgold: We have a pantry on each side of a refrigerator, both of which will be 30"w x 15" deep. I wouldn't mind reducing the depth of the pantries, so long as I could still store cereal boxes and similar kid foods in them. Otherwise, I'll just have to make sure that I store often used foods on the far end and only put items behind the seating that isn't used as frequently.

Thanks again for everyone's help! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!!

• eastcoastmom
    14 years ago

Stunning! A simply brilliant blend of textures, colors, charm, sophistication and function. Love it all - the black walnut countertops (wanted that too, but was vetoed by DH, boo hoo), that smooth calacutta, the lovely backsplash, gorgeous range, pendants, fixtures etc. etc. etc!

It's funny - I have been seriously considering the same pendants and my island is identical in length to yours. Can I ask how you spaced them? I thought I would need the larger ones but yours look perfect. Are you happy with the amount of light they throw?

Thanks and congrats on a beautiful kitchen.

• rubyfig
    14 years ago

Admiring once again :). Thanks for posting bigger pics, those details are too good to miss!

• tearose21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

eastcoastmom, yes I am very happy with the pendants. I still wonder if I should have gotten the next size up, but when I saw them in person they just looked so darn big for my space. Perhaps if your space is wider they would look right? Alot of discussion on how to space them, we went with dividing the island into 4 equal parts so one is centered and then the next two we took of that.

Thanks again to everyone for all the nice words.
    Trisha

• cncnh
    14 years ago

Just gorgeous! I love everything! Very elegant, yet not stuffy. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. You must be very pleased! Congratulations!

Camille

• Susied3
    14 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! Another inspiration kitchen to keep. May be picking your brain more in the future! Congrats on your job well done, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

How do you like the Lacanche?

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

tearose21, It seems that my favorite width is 4" wide since every time I see a floor 4" wide, I feel it is perfect. I love the stain you chose and the width. Thanks for letting me know. Your kitchen is gorgeous!

• shelayne
    14 years ago

*Sigh*

Absolutely breathtaking. Gorgeous details, right down to my favorite flower--the Hydrangea.:^)

You must pinch yourself everytime you walk in that amazing room. Wowzer.

• tearose21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

susied3 I LOVE MY LACANCHE!!! It works beautifully and everyone says my food taste better (not sure if that's true, but I will take it).

• cncnh
    14 years ago

Trisha, does your cabinetry match your window/door trim color? It looks pretty close in the pictures, but it's hard to tell for sure. I'm considering White Down for my cabinets, and wondering if it would work for the rest of the house trim. Again, your kitchen is gorgeous!

• antiquesilver
    14 years ago

Ditto to all the compliments given above about your gorgeous kitchen. I must add that I envy your pendants - & I'm usually not a fan of pendants!

• pirula
    14 years ago

It's exquisite. Enjoy it!!

• tearose21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

cncnh, yes I matched the trim and doors/windows to the cabinets. Well at least I tried to get as close as possible.

• katieob
    14 years ago

Hi.

I keep coming back just to gaze at that marble....(ours will go in the end of July, till then I have yours)

Also- what are your stools?
    Are they from Yankee Sturbrige or Crate and Barrel, by any chance?
    I'm deciding among those and wooden x back stools...Yours look super comfy.

Thanks,
    Katie

• stiles
    14 years ago

What a lovely space! You did such a wonderfull job balancing the cool with the warm. Your island is beautiful and I am going to learn more about the finish. I like the idea of indestructible. My favorite spot is your oven with the teapots on the mantle. So darling and they look like antiques. The lighting in your display cabinet is perfect.

Enjoy your marvelous space!

Melinda

• tearose21
    Original Author
    14 years ago

kaite yes they are the Crate and Barrel stools. Super comfy but I do have to say the smell like a skunk. Not sure what to do about that yet!

• lolab
    13 years ago

Hi Tearose21 -- how are those marble counter tops holding up one year down the line? I love the look but have heard that marble will stain and etch (and I'm no diligent housekeeper, so I'm not going to kid myself into believing that I'll be wiping them up every second)and that I'd be better off with a white and grey granite. Granite just doesn't have the same movement as your counter tops, so I'm just askin'....

P.S. -- LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitchen!!

Lola B

• catherinenbrooks
    13 years ago

Your kitchen looks so cool. well-equipped and well furnished.

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchenaid