Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mshutterbug_gw

Please show me your negative reveal farm sink

mshutterbug
10 years ago

The granite templater just left. I had planned for a neutral reveal with maybe a very, very slight overhang. Well, he said that because these sinks aren't usually square, they don't ever do a neutral or positive reveal because then it is very obvious that it's not square. He also said with undermount they always do a standard quarter inch overhang. So, the overhang will vary between .25 and .5 inch. He said this "hides" the non-squareness of the sink. I know that some granite installers don't do it this way because I've seen pictures here ;) But he was absolutely adamant that we had to do it this way (and we've already paid for the granite/installation, so it's not like I can just go with a different company at this point.)

I'm hoping you all can make me feel better about this, by telling me you've encountered this situation and it worked out nicely. And, I'd really appreciate any pictures of negative reveals on farmhouse sinks!

PS. The overhang at the front will also vary apparently because our walls were out of square and the cabinets were not shimmed in back, so the overhang in front will vary between .25 and .5 inch. Ugh! The faces and doors are not installed yet and he said we might be able to fix it after the fact by shimming out the cabinet faces. Sigh.

None of this sits well with the perfectionist in me. Maybe it's a good lesson in letting the small things slide LOL

Thanks!

Comments (5)