Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sigh, I feel like I am so done with this.

Posted by aklvdb (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 18:55

So they've brought our kitchen cabinets for the second time. First time were sent back due to poor quality.

Well, this time. Sigh. They aren't perfect. There are some scuffs, different sized panels, scraped up doors.

I just don't know. Our kitchen resto guy is coming tomorrow to see what's going on and get the cab company to to come too at some point.

I still haven't paid him for the cabs. I explained why. I really want to, but with this, I'll never get anything done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sigh, I feel like I am so done with this.

Big picture - looks good from afar (and still getting used to this revere pewter!)

o

last one

o

How frustrating and discouraging, Hopefully they will get it right soon.

o

Very frustrating, but don't settle. Hopefully they can fix the issues but if they can't, can you walk away? I remember your other post, but don't remember if you have already have money invested in these cabinets.

o

I have not paid, and did explain why. We were thinking of giving a portion of the $. As I do feel bad that the resto company has paid for them, but then this keeps happening.

And this cab company is a big, made in Canada product (locally produced actually) that has apparently gone downhill over the past few years. It's too bad really.

o

aklvdb:

There appears to be no filler between the wall and your lower cabinet in the middle picture. If so, your drawer will hit the casing that's going to be installed on the panty jamb. If you only want your drawers to open 3" or so, this isn't a problem. I'd fill and move the uppers to match. Who's installing these? This is a rookie mistake.

o

On the top/first picture. Does the left hand door open?

o

"And this cab company is a big, made in Canada product " mind passing on the brand? I use one Canadian brand and looking into another.

o

Trebruchet- Thanks for looking at this. I took a look with the guys here. There is no filler. I was assured that it shouldn't be a problem? The pantry wall is angled, so I don't think it should impeded the door opening. I played around with a 3 inch casing and it was ok. Thank you!

The restoration company is installing them. I wish the cabinet company was, but I don't know if that would be any better.

I was going to pay them today. What do you think?? They still have a lot of work to be done through insurance, and they won't get that $ until everything is satisfactory.

lov_kitchen-yes, it opens. The wrong part in the pic is the bottom part of the cab panel is not level. It's 2 and 3/8 on the left, and 2 and 5/8 on the right.

jaukuvall-it's KC. According to the carpenter guy installing them, he's noticed a big decline in quality over the past 5 years. I wish I would have gone with something else, but at this point they are just going to have to keep remaking until everything is fine.

o

aklvdb:

Yes, on second look, I can see the angled wall. There shouldn't be problem. Whew.

At least they know you are paying attention.

o

Thank you Trebruchet for keeping an eye out, I really appreciate experts noticing things that I don't notice.

And believe me, they know I am paying attention after all the issues (torn up vapour barrier, cut up corner beads that required total replacing, patching and painting).

No big issues since then from the company, just the cabs.

o

are you sure that top left door will open easily w/out hitting the cabinet side next to it?

o

Thanks desertsteph! It does open, I was checking where the hinges are and it clears it well. I of course have to be careful how wide I open it. We had that with our old kitchen set up as well. I'll be more careful now with the new cabs!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here