Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eastbaymom_gw

Backsplash installed: Arizona Seagrass w/Tantrum accents

eastbaymom
13 years ago

Our kitchen is getting really close to finished. I can't resist showing you a few photos of the backsplash, because I learned so much from folks here while I was planning it.

These are not the greatest photos -- iPhone camera, no flash -- but you'll get the idea.
{{!gwi}}From almost finished kitchen

We are waiting for our vent hood and stove to be installed tomorrow, and then we'll wait a few weeks more for the light rail to be installed (KD didn't order it at the same time as the other trim!).... and then, I hope, I can take "FKB" photos.

Comments (10)

• limom_2bts
    13 years ago

VERY nice! Can't wait to see the whole finished product!!

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

VERY pretty!! I love the shades of green and the design as well. Did you DIY?? If you did, great job.

• bmorepanic
    13 years ago

I love seagrass limestone - its nice to see it used so well.

• steelerfan_2010
    13 years ago

Looks great! Will look forward to seeing more pics in a few weeks.

• stacys
    13 years ago

Lovely tile and work!

• eastbaymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Chris45NY -- no, not DIY. We considered it at one time, but I'm glad we didn't. Might have caused a trial separation in the marriage :-)

I totally micromanaged this, both with the KD and with the tile installer. He was fantastic, patient with me, asking at the end of each stage if I wanted to come see... though I did have to help him with some math and symmetry stuff. It helped that I had been sketching different ideas on graph paper for weeks!

I definitely benefitted from the advice I received here.

The tile guy is getting a stellar recommendation from us on Angie's list.

• Jbrig
    13 years ago

Wow, that turned out beautifully! Had a couple questions for you... Is the limestone seagrass a gray-green or more of an earthy green? What are the little accent tiles?

Also, would you mind sharing pricing on this tile (and the accents)?
    Again, your backsplash is gorgeous; can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

• eastbaymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The seagrass from Arizona Tile is not olive -- it has some grey, and also some cream (the fossils), and even a little bit of blue -- and the color is really hard to match. Be aware that seagrass is treated differently by different tile companies (tumbled vs. honed) and the colors are different as a result. There are also variations within a single box (you can see that in my photos).

The accent pieces I used are from Sonoma Tilemakers, 1" "tantrum" tiles, in their tazo color. We looked at several different colors that could work.

I'm still waiting on the invoice for the tile. When I post my finished kitchen, I'll include a breakout of costs.

• petra66_gw
    13 years ago

Lovely combination, congratulations!

Petra

• eastbaymom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's a better picture, with the light from the vent hood and a better camera.

Finishing touches coming soon... adjustments to the other lights, and light rail installation.