Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
templated today-have very imp. quest..pls help!

Posted by michelle16 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 18:22

My island is made like this picture where the posts bump out alittle. In this picture they did an ogee edge and went around the bumpouts like squares on the corners. i had envisioned just doing my eased edge like the perimiters and not going around each post, just one big square..problem is the overhang is 1" for inset cabinets, if I do 1" from the post(because the post sits out more than the base) the overhang will be 1 3/4, in my opinion too much, so do I have to go with the bump outs with the ogee, or just do the eased edge one big square with a deeper overhang? Just templated for 3 hours and so burnt out!! Pls help! Tks, Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: templated today-have very imp. quest..pls help!

another shot, you can see how it follows the posts, or should I do it straight accross, it then would be a deep overhang???

o

sorry pic. didnt post before

o

While the bump-outs on the countertop add a nice detail, I think you'll be fine with a straight square edge all around.

o

Either would be fine. I don't think you need a full inch overhand over the posts (part of the overhang is to hang over the drawer pulls). You could do 3/4" on the posts and have 1 1/2" over the drawers. I do think going around the posts with an eased edge might look a bit chunky.

o

I was afraid of doing something like the photos you posted would be hip-bangers.

Here is my island, the end with the posts:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is how they handled the post by the range top:

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

greginacl, i thought of that but the post will have molding under it that is 3/4 thick, so 1" is to make sure it covers. bee- just emailed u, didnt see ur post here, sorry, so what is your overhang on the cabinet side of the island-by the endpanels?

o

per my email response, this is the photo at the opposite end. It is 1.5" from the cabinet frame, not the door front.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here