Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small table with granite scrap top

Posted by donaleen (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 18:22

There was a discussion some time ago about using granite scraps. Well, now that our kitchen is done, my DH has made a couple little cedar tables and topped them with scraps from our granite counter top.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small table with granite scrap top

Lovely, absolutely lovely. How lucky to have someone who can produce such a thing.

o

That is so pretty. Love cedar.

o

I really like it. Did your DH cut the granite himself?

o

Beautiful! DH deserves a special dinner from your new kitchen.

o

Thanks everybody. I'll pass the kudos on. to him.

No he did not cut the granite himself. The fabricator offered to cut the scrap into pieces for us for no charge. We have several more scraps. This is the second table he made. The first one is cut from a piece that has a slab edge. I like the uneven raw edge.

I must say though, even the small pieces are heavy suckers. And those little tables were FAST for him to make.

You can see the first one here.

Here is a link that might be useful: first small table

This post was edited by donaleen on Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 1:14

o

Oh what cool stuff, a cat, granite, pencil line/subway backsplash. All my favorite stuff! If I did it right I'm now following your blog.

You were lucky the fabricator offered to cut them for you. Did you just guess at the sizes you wanted or were the tables already planned?

o

Nice table! I love that your fabricator did that for you. Our fabricator didn't even leave the scraps with us.

o

We guessed at the sizes. DH designed and made both tables in the past two weeks and he did lots of other things as well in that time. He made them to match up with a couple of scraps, keeping in mind what he wanted them for... one is beside the grill. One is beside his chair on the front porch. He really had fun with them... they were easy and fast and after all the time on the kitchen, small projects were very inviting.

I am honored that you are following my blog, debra.

o

Wow, the tables DH made are lovely!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here