Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countertop Geology: Marble and quartzite and granite, Part 4.

Posted by Texas29 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 17:54

The last thread on granite counter tops is full so I am starting this one. Finally made a decision on the granite. Working with the existing cabinets made it challenging. They are European, probably Italian, and were installed by the previous home owner and are gorgeous and the interiors are beautifully outfitted. After looking at dozens of slabs finally we came across Golden Lightening and it's absolutely perfect.

See attached picture with the cabinet door leaning against the granite.

That was the last decision we had to make - thank goodness.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countertop Geology: Marble and quartzite and granite, Part 4.

I love, love, love that slab. It reminds me of a different colorway of Verde Borgogna, which I also love. It's well named, too. What BS will you use, or are you waiting to choose one?

I have no reason to go stone shopping any more, so I live vicariously through all of you and your beautiful finds. Keep 'em coming!

o

We are staying with the existing back splash if the install goes okay. I will have to post some pics at the end of the process. The former owners painted the back splash wall soft yellow with a blue green undertone and then installed clear glass tiles 4x4 over it. Trying to describe it is as hard as trying to describe the cabinets, a sample of which is in the previous post. But we love yellow and it really works. We think when the Golden Lightening is installed with the existing cabinets and back splash it's going to be striking. We also chose a Houzer Granite under mount sink in a soft grey. Now that all our selections are made from new appliances to this granite we fell in love with we are so ready to have it all done!
If we find we have to change the back splash it was good to know that the Golden Lightening comes in subway tiles and 12x12 tiles.

o

A beautiful piece of stone. cant't wait to see finished kitchen.

There is another thread for Rocks #4 that is a continuation of the other threads. I am sure they would be thrilled if you posted your slab on that thread, too!

Karen
PS your title is a good one.

o

A beautiful piece of stone. cant't wait to see finished kitchen.

There is another thread for Rocks #4 that is a continuation of the other threads. I am sure they would be thrilled if you posted your slab on that thread, too!

Karen
PS your title is a good one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here