Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Cabinet/Drawer Pull Design Question

Posted by Route66Services (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 17:48

I'm thinking about using these square knobs in my retro cottage kitchen that has light green painted cabinets with Shaker style doors.
They'll be their natural wood tone, protected with Polyurethane of course.
Good idea or no?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Cabinet/Drawer Pull Design Question

I think they'd look cool, but it is hard to tell how ergonomic they would be to grasp. Can you get a sample and try it out to make sure there's enough space in the right locations that you can open things without thinking about it? It looks like you can only grasp top and bottom.

o

lori, I think that's just the angle of the photo, and that the "stem" is smaller than the front part, but maybe you're right, I should buy a sample to make sure.

o

That's great advice. We purchased a sample of all pulls & knobs we were considering and installed them on our old cabinets (b/f we demo'd). That way, we were able to see how they actually worked - we eliminated some b/c the stem was too short or b/c they weren't comfortable to use even though they looked nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here