Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
javamom66

Countertops: Bianco Granite vs. Nougat Caesarstone?

Trish
11 years ago

I have spent a week reading many many GW posts about countertops, but still kinda going back and forth about granite vs. engineered stone. I really need a very light colored counter to bounce light around our rather dark kitchen. I have a dark counter right now and it seems to suck away all the light in the room.

I really like the look of the Nougat Caesarstone but it is pushing the very limits of our budget. I think we can get Bianco Romano or Bianco Antico granite cheaper.

My understanding is that these lighter granites may be less "durable" than the darker, heavier granites. The new counters will not be babied. We've had laminate in the past and it has been very easy to care for. We always use trivets and cutting boards, so I don't think we will be too rough on the surface in that manner. There are herds of teen boys who roar through our kitchen, however, so I do need something that can stand up to spills and bangs.

Should we bite the bullet and go with the Caesarstone or should I try to pick out a light granite?

Thanks!!

Comments (2)