Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What refrigerators are completely integrated?

Posted by gobruno (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 17:45

I was wondering what refrigerators were completely integrated--could be covered with panels so that you don't know it's a refrigerator. We currently have the Thermador Freedom columns, and they are completely integrated, and we love this look. We are looking for a similar look for our basement wet bar. We want the wet bar area to look more like furniture built-ins than a wet bar, but we don't want anything as expensive for the wet bar area. Does anybody know whether the KitchenAid Counter Depth french door panel ready refrigerator is completely integrated? Here is a link:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?#/product/KFCO22EVBL/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What refrigerators are completely integrated?

That's what I'm getting. Sadly it's not fully integrated

o

Anything "counter depth" can have cabinets built around it to look "integrated" but it will never truly be a built in. It can be made to look very nice though. You'll end up spending a decent amount on the cabinetry with this setup though. Have you ever considered using fridge drawers with a built in icemaker for the bar area? It can save a lot of space and really looks sharp.

o

As far as I know, the Thermador (including those made by Thermador, like Miele) and a subsequent Subzero are the only completely integrated models. I'm not sure if Liebherr might have one.

o

Add Gaggenau to the list.

o

Gaggenau is the same family as Thermador -- fancier trim out, so more money instead of less. So yes, there are some others, but I don't think you will find fully integrated at a lower price point. Your best bet would be to look for a floor model being sold, if you have some flexibility on timing.

o

Liebherr makes a pretty much integrated fridge, except you can't cover up the toe kick. You can cheat on this with Velcro'd feet at the edges.

o

Bosch makes a fully integrated.

o

Blomberg makes one; I have no knowledge of this brand (or ever heard of it before) but in my quest for an affordable fully integrated refrigerator this is the only other brand I have come across other than those already listed. In the pictures I have seen it appears to be very similar to a liebherr.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blomberg Refrigerator

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here