Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giacomo_it

Another great contemporary kitchen is done! [pictures]

giacomo_it
14 years ago

I just received these pictures from the client.

the kitchen is in Teak with no handles.

A special reveal let open doors and drawers. (price $44k)

countertop White quartz

appliances

Ovens, warming drawer and dw from Miele

Cooktop and downdraft from Viking

Fridge 30" and 24" Freedom collection Thermador.

Faucet Newform.

enjoy the pictures (soon I will go myself for better picture and details)

From Bronzeville, Chicago

Comments (8)

• toomuchstuph
    14 years ago

Giacomo, you're making me weep here! Seriously AMAZING kitchen!

When you take your own photos, can you do some close ups on the blind corner (both upper and lower). I'm very curious as to exactly what you've put there.
    thanks!

• straycat2010
    14 years ago

I am not the contemporary kitchen type but this looks awesome! Backsplash is fantastic!

• forgottensong
    14 years ago

Wow, this sure is minimal but lovely. I'd like to see it with some activity in it. It would be such fun to decorate it in a minimalist fashion. No curtains to be sure! It must be an optical illusion but the cook top cast iron looks almost arched in the last picture. The 2 colors of wall paint really add to the composition.

• giacomo_it
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Rob_p,
    This company of kitchen is a very high end cabinetry line.
    the price is for only the cabinetry, but this kitchen has all drawers, the only cabinets that is not drawers is under the cooktop and sink and little cabinet in the corner for trays.
    The rest of the bases and also tall units has 3 drawers minimum inside.
    The main feature is that this kitchen is certified E0 meaning that there is not use of Formaldehyde in the production... meaning Green kitchen or Leed.
    When I met the client the first time she said: "there is no reason to buy organic food and then storage in cabinetry that are made with poison glue."
    I found finally a SMART Person!! and I said to her that she want believe but when you open a box from the italian cabinetry smell like pizza box and not chemical.. of course was a joke!!
    so yes the price is for only the cabinetry (in the price was included faucet and sink and other internal accessories)
    next week I will take more pictures.

• Fori
    14 years ago

Very nice.

(And that cooktop really does have curvy grates, Forgottensong--kind of a nice touch I think!)

• jdesign_gw
    14 years ago

Hi Giacomo - another great job. Do you know what material the boxes are made of and what type of finish is on the doors? I'm building contemporary kitchens here in Los Angeles using a lot of Italian products. Hardware, veneers and finishes. I just came back from the manufacturing show in Vegas. All the major companies are promoting their new waterborne finishes but the Italian ones(which I use)are the best and are years ahead but everyone's going in the green direction.
    John

• panchoandlefty
    14 years ago

Henrybuilt, out of Seattle, is doing my kitchen. We have a very similar look, but it is costing considerably less than 44K for the cabinets.

www.henrybuilt.com

Our kitchen is a little bigger, including a sink run, 13' island, 68" pantry and wet bar area. They can use a combination of wood and laminate to keep costs down w/o loosing the "look." It is pretty cool. I was afraid to get a bid from them when we began, but was pleasantly surprised to find they can make smart modifications to fit different budgets.

I'm in Tulsa. I'm amazed at how well they have mastered their ability to do remote design and to help coordinate installation.

They are also launching a new company soon, Viola Hill (?), with nicely made prefab cabinets to fill the pricing gap between Ikea and the more expensive contemporary lines. They have a display up in the Seattle showroom and it looks really nice.